iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My Cant Hook slipped and this is what happened.....

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, June 25, 2012, 06:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugdust

Don't be a woose Dave, it will eventually heal up and hair over, but I do want to know two things. Did you say any dirty words, and did you hurt that fine cedar? Remember, I don't have any cedar and I would hate to see one abused.  ;D ;D
Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: bugdust on June 25, 2012, 10:53:36 PM
Don't be a woose Dave, it will eventually heal up and hair over, but I do want to know two things. Did you say any dirty words, and did you hurt that fine cedar? Remember, I don't have any cedar and I would hate to see one abused.  ;D ;D

I did not hurt the Cedar.  :)
In fact when it first happened, I looked down and saw two "canals" dug into my leg. No blood....no pain. I looked at the log and saw skin hanging off it. In .002 seconds I said, " DanG....This is gonna hurt!". And BAM....I could feel a paleness in my face and I just fell to the ground. Leg was burning like a forest fire and blood was gushing like a fire hose!
Not much time for dirty words.....mainly just foaming at the mouth.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Bill Gaiche

Man that makes my leg hurt. Now its time to hang that hook on the barn door with a sign under it saying, do not use dangerous tool. It makes me even gladder that I bought a logrite. bg

SwampDonkey

Quote from: slider on June 25, 2012, 07:19:12 PM
Spray it with some purple dog medicine and get back to work.

I was going to suggest something stronger, like Absorbine liniment for horses. That'll make you hop around the mill right quick. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Lud

Why were'nt you using 2 cant hooks?  One to hold while you set the other?  You can poke one in the ground to keep a log off you.

Best if they were two Logrites. :)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Norm

Ouch!!

My dad's favorite wound treatment was the purple horse medicine. You learned very quickly not to whine about an injury!

thecfarm

Blu-cote. That is some nasty stuff. You don't wash that stuff off,you wear it off.  :D  Glad to see it's not magicman this time. He was having a hard time there for a while. Are you next in line? I made some,Man That Hurts, faces as I was reading this. Was you in shorts at the time all this happened?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Tam-i-am

sorry to hear that you got hurt! Looks painful.
However, your timing is good as we are having a sale on 48" Cant hooks.
Follow the link on the top of the page.
Tammy
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

westyswoods

Yup, this is why I purchased a pair of catchers shin guards many years ago, just threw the originals out and bought a new pair. Not saying I wear them all the time although they have saved my legs too many times to count.

If you get a pair that fit well, after a while you don't even know they are on. Protect the tops of feet as well.

Stay Safe and Be Well
Westy
Stay Safe and Be Healthy
Westy

Cutting Edge

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on June 25, 2012, 10:07:29 PM
Quote from: WDH on June 25, 2012, 10:00:51 PM
David,

That is a visibly disturbing image that you conjured up  :D.

Yeh,  :D , You should feel this image on my side.  :(

WDH, he obviously did more than conjur.....if he's "feeling" the image you're thinking of....

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on June 25, 2012, 11:08:58 PM
Not much time for dirty words.....mainly just foaming at the mouth.  :D

I suspect he licked his "wounds" and moved on to getting the taste out of his mouth.   :o   :-X    Looks like he's been quiet for awhile.     :D :D :D
"Winning an argument isn't everything, as long as you are heard and understood" - W.S.

Cutting Edge Saw Service, LLC -
- Sharpening Services
- Portable/Custom Milling and Slabbing
- On-Site Sawmill Maintenance/Repair Services

Factory Direct Kasco WoodMaxx Blades
Ph- (304) 878-3343

Tree Feller

David, you know why dogs lie around and lick themselves don't you?....Because they can!   :D :D :D
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Tree Feller on June 26, 2012, 05:23:12 PM
David, you know why dogs lie around and lick themselves don't you?....Because they can!   :D :D :D

I'm glad I'm not the only comedian out of a job.  :D :D :D :D :D

Ernie

Looks almost bad enough to get a bit of sympathy from the wife.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Bogue Chitto

Quote from: Tamiam on June 26, 2012, 09:51:13 AM
sorry to hear that you got hurt! Looks painful.
However, your timing is good as we are having a sale on 48" Cant hooks.
Follow the link on the top of the page.
Tammy
Think I will order one.  Get rid of my 6ft. pry bar. 

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Ernie on June 26, 2012, 05:49:59 PM
Looks almost bad enough to get a bit of sympathy from the wife.

I did get a little sympathy last night and was doing good until my son came in and said "Daddy, there is a man outside wanting to talk to you about buying some lumber".
I jumped up and ran to the door like a Buck chasing a Doe.
It was like ......yep......It looks like Chester (from Gunsmoke) has been healed. I was "BUSTED".  ;D ;D ;D

I used my LOGRITE today.....NO INJURIES. I think I will retire the Old Woody and hang it on the barn door.

Holmes

That would be a good way to preserve the Old Woody   ;D
Think like a farmer.

cutterboy

Ouch, David, Ouch! Things can happen fast when working with logs. Glad it wasn't worse.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

Sixacresand

Sorry about the injury, Poston,  I have a bad habit of rolling logs with a wood cant hook and scotching with the steel toe of my boot.  Logs and gravity are rough on the body parts.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Magicman

Quote from: Sixacresand on June 26, 2012, 08:25:49 PM
I have a bad habit of rolling logs with a wood cant hook and scotching with the steel toe of my boot.

I never realized that was a bad habit.  I thought it was normal.   ::)   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on June 26, 2012, 09:17:03 PM
I have a bad habit of rolling logs with a wood cant hook and scotching with the steel toe of my boot.

OK Magic.....ya made be giggle with this one!   :D

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Magicman on June 26, 2012, 09:17:03 PM

Me two.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

WDH

There is also a trick to bracing the log with your knee while clamping the log on a manual mill  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Okrafarmer

Quote from: WDH on June 26, 2012, 10:46:27 PM
There is also a trick to bracing the log with your knee while clamping the log on a manual mill  :D.

Seems like I've done that one in the last seven days.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Migal

Dang POSTONLT40HD I would have took you for a LogRite'r from the git go Im contacting Tammy as I type! Really hope the jump for the wood buyer was a great sell. at least bought some triple antibiotic cream its not funny but Im still going to Laugh  ;D
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

sigidi

lmlao, this is the main reason I 'lead' with my right leg....after some serious attention in 2000 it aint got feelin anymore, the blood still happens, the skin still comes off, the scabs still develop and the scarsstill add up but the feeling dont come through to the command centre  ;D ;D ;D
Always willing to help - Allan

Thank You Sponsors!