iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

July 4th - Your Activities?

Started by Magicman, June 25, 2012, 07:44:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

We went to the Cabin this past Saturday and mowed.  I bushhogged the 7 miles of 4 wheeler trails getting ready for the scavenger hunt.  We will do a final mowing this weekend.

Drum Chicken and fixins will be the menu.  (I save the Chrispy stuff for the "Chickin Chrispin".)   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Tammy and I will be on two different tasks this year. Tammy will be helping out with an event called "Win for Brynn".
https://secure.girlpower2cure.org/np/clients/gp2c/event.jsp?event=6

One of our friends and  Neighbor's daughter has Rett Syndrome, and this is an event to bring awareness for that.  I on the other hand will be up in Detour Village helping out with the Annual soap box derby race.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

bama20a

Quote from: Magicman on June 25, 2012, 07:44:43 AM
We went to the Cabin this past Saturday and mowed.  I bushhogged the 7 miles of 4 wheeler trails getting ready for the scavenger hunt.  We will do a final mowing this weekend.

Drum Chicken and fixins will be the menu.  (I save the Chrispy stuff for the "Chickin Chrispin".)   :D
I'll bring the tatar's & Grits, 8)  ;D
It is better to ask forgiveness than permission

bugdust

Family reunion planned, but the cousin that rented the state park shelter told everyone the wrong date. Looks like at least he and I will attend anyway.   :'( :'( :'(
Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

Radar67

Will most likely be in NOLA hanging out with friends.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

thurlow

Immediate family is small and to complicate things, the only one (brother) with children is divorced.  When we have a gathering, whoever's got the kids at the time gets invited..........either him (and the gal he's moved in with and her kids) or his ex.  How do families get this screwed up?  Anyway............I'll probably put a large portion of a dead pig on the grill for 8 or 10 hours and also fix whatever goes with barbecued dead pig meat.............
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

tcsmpsi

\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

thecfarm

I hope to see the Grand kids here,but kinda doubt it. I can understand why. The family has to go in 3 differant directions for a holiday. Probably he'll just say,"I'm home,come see us" But free food that way.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

reride82

I'll be working on a cabin and maybe floating on the wild and scenic Missouri River  ;)
'Do it once, do it right'

'First we shape our buildings, then our buildings shape us'
Living life on the Continental Divide in Montana

red oaks lumber

workin.... no paid holidays here
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

submarinesailor

Putting in a new sliding glass door.  One of the grandsons put a rock thru the old one.

Bruce

Autocar

Operating a hand set Frick mill for a old fashion farmers get togather at the Van Wert Cty. fairgrounds. Probably the best sauage sandwich in the whole state and killer home made ice cream  ;D
Bill

POSTON WIDEHEAD

If we don't get a good soaking rain, everyone will be on stand-by to fight forest fires started by FIREWORKS. smiley_fireman_hat
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

sawguy21

We are supposed to be going up country to visit friends and family but Karen is getting nervous because of all the flooding. We won't be parking anywhere near the river.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

bugdust

Quote from: bugdust on June 25, 2012, 08:09:58 AM
Family reunion planned, but the cousin that rented the state park shelter told everyone the wrong date. Looks like at least he and I will attend anyway.   :'( :'( :'(

Just got a call, seems no one is coming and it's cancelled.   smiley_bouncing_pinky smiley_bounce
Think I'll celebrate by sawing some logs.
Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

Brucer

I have to work. It's a short week already, what with taking Monday off for Canada Day :D.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

ouachita

Our big blowout is June 30 (Saturaday).  SIL says about 50 are coming.  I came down to Texas to work yesterday.  45 miles to the farm.  Mowing has been done by the nephews so I don't have to do that.  Mexican food being catered.  BIL usually brings a bunch of industrial grade fireworks that will rival anything a medium size town will set off on the 4th.  However we are entering another dry period down here in Texas and the fireworks might be postponed until Thanksgiving or Christmas. 

Charles Westmoreland CF, RF
Ivan, Arkansas
Conroe, Texas

SwampDonkey

This is our July 1st weekend in Canada. But pretty good chance on Monday I'll be tying ribbons on bushes and tapping a GPS screen to measure a new block.  ;D

No danger of fires up here, it's going to rain and rain for days and lots of it. In central Maine they have had 8" over the weekend and flood warnings for the next 2 days.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Woodhauler

Quote from: bugdust on June 25, 2012, 11:04:30 PM
Quote from: bugdust on June 25, 2012, 08:09:58 AM

Just got a call, seems no one is coming and it's cancelled.   smiley_bouncing_pinky smiley_bounce
Think I'll celebrate by sawing some logs.
Sounds like one of our family reunion's! No one shows up!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Magicman

We discussed "having the 4th" this Saturday, but we'll just spend Saturday (and Monday and Tuesday) getting ready for the 4th.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Norm

Anybody live near red oaks? Sneak over and see if he's really working on the 4th or just sitting in his underwear reading the computer.  ;D

And no we won't need pictures to verify.  :D

wwsjr

We are going to be in Destin, FL from 1st to 5th with daughter, SIL, and grandkids, not looking forward to the traffic. Fishing trip booked with my old friend, Captain George on the Checkmate on the 3rd. At least Red Snapper season is open, not like last year in May.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

scsmith42

This Thursday brother is coming in from Arizona for a 10 day stay.

Saturday Laureen and I will celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary and Monday Jeff and I will drive over to the Threshers Reunion in Denton, NC to check out the old farm equipment and engines.

After that, I'll try to get as much work out of my brother as I can before he goes back to AZ.  I promised him that we'd only work "half-days" while he's here...  I'll even let him pick which 12 hour shift that he wants to work!   :D
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Woodchuck53

D crew from work is having a team building weekend at Crystal Springs in Arkansas. They waited to long this year to book so we are having to use our 4th holiday. Should be fun.
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

Thank You Sponsors!