iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

bell saw m14 i think

Started by johndeere60orchard, June 25, 2012, 12:06:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johndeere60orchard

father / uncle has  a  bell saw i would like to hook it up need info  been on the farm for 22 years and it never got set up,  I think its a m14 type , its  belt driven, it had a ford 300 6 with a belt shaft that run it but its all set out side for 22 years , think its a 46 inch blade, kind of new to saw milling , its 2 head block , its a right hand driver  pully, can i  swap a pto hook up on this old mill?  not sure what the blade is hammered at as it was never run, got alot of hard wood going to waste on the ground,

johndeere60orchard

have more info as i get the trees cut off it , what hp would i need to run this  mill to cut  walnut  red elm maple and  loucuse on a pto,  and any one have a   set up  and parts manual they could send me   by email

steamsawyer

Welcome aboard 60. There are a number of guys on here with Bellsaw rigs that can help, stand by.

Do you have any pictures?  In its as found resting place would be cool and interesting.

Alan
J. A. Vance circular sawmill, 52" blade, powered by a 70 HP 9 1/2 x 10 James Leffel portable steam engine.

Inside this tired old mans body is just a little boy that wants to go out and play.

Great minds think alike.....  Does your butt itch too?

Alan Rudd
Steam Punk Extraordinaire.

bandmiller2

JD-60,all the Belsaws I've seen are driven from the back of the mill which requires  left turning power.Has the mill ever cut logs,possibly the right turning ford 300 is the reason it was abandoned.Your old 60 should give you a good start, but you'll have to slowdown the feed on larger hardwood logs.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

dblair

welcome to the forum . I have a 48 inch circle mill with a 74 hp Minn Moline power unit on it . I can lug it down but most of the time it's enough hp .

old Appomattox Iron Works circle mill.

Thank You Sponsors!