iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

NHLA Educational Offerings

Started by NHLA_Education, June 22, 2012, 10:31:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NHLA_Education

All,

The National Hardwood Lumber Association (NHLA) was founded in 1898 with the purpose of creating a uniform set of grading rules for the hardwood lumber industry. Since that time NHLA has grown to over 1,100 members worldwide. As the Director of Education at NHLA, my role is to run the 14-week program for lumber inspection and to offer continuing education programs to the hardwood lumber industry. Our continuing education programs are 1-4 days in length and include topics such as lumber grading, log grading, lumber drying, and sawing, edging & trimming.  We also offer professional development courses called Hardwoods 101 and Leadership, Management  Development Please let me know if there is any interest in finding out more about the programs that we have to offer. I would be happy to provide more information. I have attached a few examples of the courses that I mentioned. Those interested may also visit www.nhla.com. Also if there any Inspector Training School alumni out there, then please visit www.nhla.com/stayconnected and let us know what you are doing these days.

Best regards to all,

Chris Churchill
NHLA Director of Education

beenthere

Chris
Welcome to the forum.
Great to hear from the NHLA.
Many members here have become educated about the NHLA grades and have expressed interest in getting into the grade markets.
Drawbacks for them are the cost of getting lumber graded when they have low volumes as well as the markets are depressed now.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ron Wenrich

If you're making grade lumber, it pays to know the rules.  You don't need large amounts of lumber to take advantage of the rules.  It also helps when sawing. 

Maybe they should offer a video course.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

inspectorwoody

Welcome to the FF Chris!  :)

I graduated the NHLA inspector training school in the 136th class.

Been grading lumber ever since.  8)

If possible, it would be nice to see some classes etc. offered in the midwest. A little closer to home for some of us.

Thank You Sponsors!