iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

More mill closures

Started by Jamie_C, June 15, 2012, 11:57:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamie_C

Resolute Forest products (Formerly Abitibi-Bowater, Formerly Bowater) has just announced the closure of their Nova Scotia pulp mill effective tomorrow at noon. They have put up all of their lands and the sawmill & co-gen plant up for sale.

Full story here ...  http://thechronicleherald.ca/novascotia/107146-door-shuts-on-bowater-mills-future

furltech

You should buy that jamie

Jamie_C

Quote from: furltech on June 15, 2012, 01:23:04 PM
You should buy that jamie

Just give me a minute and i will go count up my pennies ... lol

About 500,000 acres of land, a sawmill & a co-gen plant should'nt put much of a dent in my pocket money  :D

snowstorm

just what we dont need another mill closing. did they truck most of the paper into the states? if so the freight didnt help them compete.

Jamie_C

most was shipped by boat or put in containers .... the mill had an oceanfront view so shipment by boat was easy ... 49% of the mill is owned by the Washington Post newspaper

Woodhauler

Newspapers are like the dinosaurs, they are going extinct! MAdison Paper is partly owned by the boston globe i think.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

snowstorm

when the real ferry used to run from yarmoth to bar harbour there was a ton of trailers on there. was woundering how it was shipped. wife works for a fairly large trucking co they haul a lot of paper out of maine and water and whatever else there is

Cypressstump

Quote from: Woodhauler on June 15, 2012, 03:05:27 PM
Newspapers are like the dinosaurs, they are going extinct! MAdison Paper is partly owned by the boston globe i think.

Yes you are right !  The New Orleans newspaper that had been in business now for 170 years is now going to a 3 day operation versus 7 days a week.
Stump

Timberking 1220 25hp w/extensions -hard mounted
Case 586E 6k forklift
2001 F350 4X4,Arctic Cat 500 4 wheeler wagon hauler
Makita 6401 34",4800 Echo 20"er, and a professional 18" Poulan PRO , gotta be a 'pro' cuz it says so rite there on tha' saw..

Andrew Lawrence

They still owe me for loads three years back . different location.   Mills have been purchased for One dollar  in the past don't be afraid to make an offer

Lawrence Lot Clearing Logging                            To God be the glory

Thank You Sponsors!