iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hey fellas!!!!

Started by lyle niemi, June 14, 2012, 03:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lyle niemi

Isa gots the ol mill running TRUE !!!! Im happier then a pig in ........

reride82

Very nice Lyle!
I've enjoyed reading your progress. What kind of logs are you sawing?
Levi
'Do it once, do it right'

'First we shape our buildings, then our buildings shape us'
Living life on the Continental Divide in Montana

Misfit

Boy, talk about making a silk purse out of a sow's ear! What a transformation from start to finish. I tip my hat to you, sir!  smiley_applause
I am neither a Philopolemic Blatherskite nor a Bloviating, Sialoquent Blatteroon.

"Say nuthin and saw wood."

lyle niemi

Quote from: reride82 on June 14, 2012, 03:15:04 PM
Very nice Lyle!
I've enjoyed reading your progress. What kind of logs are you sawing?
Levi
Those are poplar on the skidway, Im supposed to be getting a whole bunch of spruce and pine hauled in shortly, thats if it ever dries up around here. its been to dang wet to get the logs out!

Indiana Robinson

Quote from: lyle niemi on June 14, 2012, 04:43:06 PM
Those are poplar on the skidway, Im supposed to be getting a whole bunch of spruce and pine hauled in shortly, thats if it ever dries up around here. its been to dang wet to get the logs out!

I could mail you some dust, we have plenty in Central Indiana.

Lifetime farmer.
Lifetime sawdust lover.
Old Tractor lover.
Have worn a lot of hats.
Once owned a Kasco mill that would saw a 30"x24' log. Now a new little LT-10 Woodmizer for my own lumber.
And yes, my woodshop is seriously infested with Shopsmiths.
Old geezer trying hard not to be one. :-)

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

SPD748

Hey Lyle...

Great looking mill my friend. Any chance you could throw up a few pictures of the area under the blade, specifically where the drag chain goes under the blade? I've been following your build and have made numerous direction changes with my own mill based on your decisions. I sure am glad you made the correct ones.

Thanks for sharing your 'journey'

-lee
Frick 0 Handset - A continuing project dedicated to my Dad.

410 Deere, 240 Massey... I really need a rough terrain forklift :)

Sawing Since 1-19-2013 @ 3:30 pm
Serving Since 2002
"Some police officers give tickets, some gave all."

bandmiller2

Its a good feeling Lyle when everything comes togather and works,but I'am sure you would give it no rest until everything was right.Now its just a matter of you getting used to milling and building a routine.Before you send the log through the saw eyeball everything for clearance and be sure the log won't shift on the carriage. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

TimGA

Lyle,    Looks like that good nights sleep and a few deep breaths worked.  Looks great congradulations.      Tim
TK2000, Kubota L3130GST, grapple, pallet forks, 2640 Massey w/loader (The Beast) Husky saws Logrites One man operation some portable most stationary.

slider

Great job lyle,you had better get busy on a shed .Won't be long before you get a schnook .
al glenn

Migal

Sweet looking mill setup congrad's now all there is left is sweat  8)
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

Woodchuck53

Looks good Lyle. Congrats. They must of had a sale on that funny looking color paint huh? Can't stop now. We like sheds. Thanks for the pictures and up dates. Stay safe.
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

lyle niemi

Quote from: Woodchuck53 on June 14, 2012, 11:23:35 PM
Looks good Lyle. Congrats. They must of had a sale on that funny looking color paint huh? Can't stop now. We like sheds. Thanks for the pictures and up dates. Stay safe.
gonna price out some trusses today 8)

dave9252

gonna price out some trusses today 8)
[/quote]
Don't you dare get them before next weekend!! Otherwise i can imagine who will be helping you put them up...

sandhills

lyle niemi

Quote from: SPD748 on June 14, 2012, 08:22:31 PM
Hey Lyle...

Great looking mill my friend. Any chance you could throw up a few pictures of the area under the blade, specifically where the drag chain goes under the blade? I've been following your build and have made numerous direction changes with my own mill based on your decisions. I sure am glad you made the correct ones.

-lee
I will try to remember to get some pics under the blade for you today. I was gonna do it yesterday but I got side tracked..lol

lyle niemi

Quote from: SPD748 on June 14, 2012, 08:22:31 PM
Hey Lyle...

-lee
Hey Lee, here is a few pics of the sawdust removal system. I hope this helps you for your mill. If you dont know already I worked on this mill with very little money, I used up dang near every piece of scrap iron I had on the place..lol
There is lots of improvments I want to make once or if I make some money with it. I didnt have any fancy tools to work with, my basic tools were a welder, cutting torch and a grinder.. Here is my EMAIL iffin you want to email me.... I will put it in a code so the spammers dont get it, Im sure you will figure it out.......my name at hot mail dot com

Al_Smith

:D Oh I wouldn't be too concerned about using up all the scrap iron .I'd imagine unless you change your ways you'll have another 100 tons before too long .

Nice job BTW .You now have earned the title JYD --junk yard dawg  ;)

lyle niemi

Quote from: Al_Smith on June 16, 2012, 08:34:18 AM
:D Oh I wouldn't be too concerned about using up all the scrap iron .I'd imagine unless you change your ways you'll have another 100 tons before too long .

Nice job BTW .You now have earned the title JYD --junk yard dawg  ;)
pretty hard to teach an old dawg new tricks eh??? lol

Al_Smith

:D True that .Words from one who knows . ;)

Thank You Sponsors!