iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What is it?

Started by Lud, June 13, 2012, 08:58:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lud

I won't make you wait too long

Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Sprucegum

Its a boot & pistol remover for one of them Tall Texans  ???

Weekend_Sawyer

It's one of them puzzle boxes.
You couldn't get it back together so you just nailed it back together! :D
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

metalspinner

I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

DanG

I'd call that a blind Bambi, cause I have no-eye deer.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Texas Ranger

Lathe attachment of some kind.  Additional support?
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Magicman

The way Lud is having birthdays, he will be on social security before we find out.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

jamesamd

All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

purple otter

Hudson Oscar 228 on homebuilt trailer, Kubota B2320 with homebuilt forks,Stihl 028 Super & 029 Super, Solar Kiln .

thecfarm

It's something you put together to make us think it's something.  :D  I'm a blind bambi too.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sandhills

Wooden abstract art, I like it!!   ;D

Lud

The puzzle I was faced with was getting a consistent angle for stool leg mortises from an old Milwaukee drill I use with the big bits.  The jig has two "2-stage" dogs that turn up and down to let the hole be "3 inches up and an inch and a half  in" on the base of the stool.  I drill opposite corners,  turn down the dogs,  and do the other two corners.   Switch to a new blank and do the same corners,  turn down the dogs and do the original orientation corners. 

I'd use a bigger base piece if I were to do it again for better clamping options but it works pretty good....better than just eyeballin' it.

I also drilled through another piece of scrap wood with the bit.  Cut thru the diameter of the hole on the band saw and shaped a handle for a gauge.  When I turn the leg ends into tenons , the gauge gets me real close to the hole size tho I always drytest.  Then I saw the end and make a contrast color wedge.  Titebond III and a hammer give a nice tight joint.
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Magicman

That is finding a solution with some thoughful Ohio Engineering.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

terrifictimbersllc

Still think it's a 50x wooden pattern for the clutch pedal position switch on my F-350.  ;D
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on June 16, 2012, 08:16:33 PM
Still think it's a 50x wooden pattern for the clutch pedal position switch on my F-350.  ;D

:D :D :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!