iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just a couple of white cedar pics.

Started by SwampDonkey, June 11, 2012, 02:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Today I was on a thinning block , marking out, that had the white cedar left behind to stand (or blow down). This was an upland site, but at the foot ,so to speak, of the land form is a wetland. These cedar grew up hill onto a site which was predominantly hardwood.

This one was 23 DBH.

This one with the burl was 35 inches DBH. The top blew out of it years ago and I think it's a den tree to porkies, although I never saw any holes to crawl in. Though it is on a raised spot and looks like some roots are exposed, so he might be in under it. :D  But I saw a mess or quills at the base of the tree.

Also, just a matter of a few feet away ribboning a strip, I ran across a family of partridge. Then if not enough, just maybe 20 steps in the same path, just about stepped on a fawn. He woke up and shook himself off and trotted off about 30 feet and stopped. Seen a doe, driving out the block road (which was freshly brushed out on the weekend by the boss). ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

ashes

Sounds like a nice day in the forest, it is always a treat to see wildlife.

Chuck White

Wow, those are some big W/Cedar.

The biggest I've seen around here are around 10-12" dbh.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!