iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Jeff's out of touch

Started by Burlkraft, June 11, 2012, 12:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

Jeff and I were in Da U P all last week sawin' larch.
I am home now but Jeff is still there waiting for his truck to be repaired.
He asked me to post this because he has no internet service and wanted me to tell ya'll
that he will be answering all questions when he has service or gets home...... whatever comes first.

He does apologize for any and all inconviences this may cause.

Steve
Why not just 1 pain free day?

sandhills

Sounds to me like he should really be enjoying himself  :)!  Some of the best days I have are when I forget and leave the cell phone plugged in at home all day  ;D.

Texas Ranger

Hmmm, the cat is away,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just sayin'.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Raider Bill

What happened to the truck?
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

JohnM

Judging by the title I thought was gonna be some kind of rant.  ;)

JM
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

DanG

I thought maybe he was running for President. :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

bill m

Quote from: DanG on June 11, 2012, 03:22:04 PM
I thought maybe he was running for President. :D
He's not? Now who am I going to vote for?
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Burlkraft

Quote from: Raider Bill on June 11, 2012, 02:18:59 PM
What happened to the truck?

Bad shift cable. Can't get it into park to start it and we were both too fat to get under neath it.
He did have a little screw jack and I said no.  ;)

when the wrecker came and hauled it off he also noticed a rusted off gas tank strap
I know he got his parts this morning

It's all in the hands of the local fix it guy now.
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Raider Bill

Well that's much better than a puked transmission....
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Corley5

Quote from: Burlkraft on June 11, 2012, 04:34:13 PM
we were both too fat to get under neath it.

:D ;D :)  I resemble that remark  ;D 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Weekend_Sawyer

Yea, I need a taller truck too. ::)
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Jeff

Well, I've got the laptop updated at Lou's so now I can get online, but it's slow. Looks like I'm going to spend another night without my truck. I just got back from checking on it, and it is still up in the air with a 1964 starcraft boat blocking it in. The shift cable is repaired, but the gas tank is still hanging out of it. I checked at 10, at noon, and I'm supposed to check now at 4.  Things move at a different speed in this end of the U.P.

I'm getting around in Lou's old truck that is almost identical to mine except mine has 350,000 miles on it and Lou's has 104,000. I've made a deal to buy it from him since he just got a 2010 truck last week and does not need the chevy any more,  I'm getting a real good deal, but I still have to wait for my truck to go home as it is wired up to tow the tandem axle trailer and load of lumber that is on it, and Lou's is not. I'll be needing those electric brakes.

I might attempt to add some photos to the tamarack topic tonight, but it might not be possible with this connection.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

clww

Good luck, Jeff! Sorry that you're still kind of stranded.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Magicman

But if you are gonna be stranded, I can not think of a better place for it to happen.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

DanG

Methinks B'rer Jeff is in the briar patch. 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Magicman

Thanks for the briar patch reminder DanG.  You know, we all need a briar patch somewhere.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Its a wonderful place to be stranded, however there is way to much to do at home with the pigroast fast approaching. 52 days is like the day after tomorrow. :D

Kevin

If you could have crossed the creek with that thing we would have had it fixed and you would have been home by now.

Jeff

Home finally!  Almost $600 in parts labor and towing to get here though. Looks like I have a huge pile of email and unexpected work to do after my unplanned trip extension. :-\

Texas Ranger

Make lemonade, you needed a vacation, now you can ramp up and roll.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Magicman

Jeff has finally been touched.   smiley_thumbsup   :)

Thank You Sponsors!