Started by alsayyed, June 11, 2012, 06:23:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsayyed

Weekend_Sawyer

Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Bibbyman

Shouldn't it be, "Test, test, testing, one, two.  Test, one, two."

At least that's what they do every time they setup a microphone.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

slider

Hope it's not an English  test
al glenn

POSTON WIDEHEAD

1. True
2. D.
3.None of the above.
4.Georgia
5.The one on the right.
6.False
8. A
9. Orange
10. 2, 367 BF

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on June 11, 2012, 07:28:29 AM
1. True
2. D.
3.None of the above.
4.Georgia South Carolina
5.The one on the right.
6.False
8. A
9. Orange
10. 2, 367 BF

;D
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ga Mtn Man

1. True
2. D.
3.None of the above.
4.Georgia
5.The one on the right.
6.False
8. A
9. Orange Coral Red (TK red for the uneducated) :)
10. 2, 367 BF
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

All right Paul and Danny....it's too early to be making me bust a gut!  :D :D :D :D :D

JoeBrittany21

The guys on this site are a riot!!!! I love this forum.

Bibbyman

I just hope its not a spelling and grammar test.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Chuck White

David, I think you had all the answers wrote down on your undershirt!

Looks like you got a 100/well, almost, on the test.  ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

LeeB

Hello Ahmed. Good to see you arte still around. It's been a long time since you posted last.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Kansas

Quote from: Ga_Mtn_Man on June 11, 2012, 08:13:29 AM
1. True
2. D.
3.None of the above.
4.Georgia
5.The one on the right.
6.False
8. A
9. Orange Coral Red (TK red for the uneducated) :)
10. 2, 367 BF

You forgot to post the questions. So for our viewing audience, these are the questions.

1 If you drop a socket while working on a vehicle, it will roll to the exact geographical center of under said vehicle.   True

2 If your wife says " Does this dress make me look fat? Which is the correct answer?

A Wear a mumu
B No fatter than you looked before
C You aren't driving over any weight restricted bridges, are you?
D Honey, that dress makes you look slimmer than ever before. Correct answer.

3 If you are pulled over by a police officer for a traffic violation, what is the correct thing to say.
A Whats the matter officer, all the donut shops are closed?
B Would you like a shot of my homemade wine? Good stuff.
C My tax dollars pay your salary...Therefore I have already paid.
D. None of the above.     Correct answer.

4 Where did the lights go out in           Correct answer, Georgia

5 You have two doors. Both are open. The one on the left has a gorgeous blonde standing in it. The right one has your wife holding a cast iron skillet. The correct answer is the right one.

6 Every sawmill manufacturer's claims of how many board foot you will cut per day will always happen, every day.   Correct answer is false.

7 The year a bunch of our forefathers got together, drank a bunch of ale, and one said, hey, lets start our own country.

8 First letter of the alphabet.

9 The color of a persons eyes after being out all night imbibing in tequila and bourbon. Correct answer.... coral red.

10 The number of board foot a customer gets sawn out of his logs, when he scaled them himself before you started to 4000

thurlow

Quote from: Bibbyman on June 11, 2012, 09:01:05 AM
I just hope its not a spelling and grammar test.

I think that's spelled grammer and while we're at it, principal is actually spelled principle.  :P
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

Sprucegum

My principal always stuck to his principles, and he was tested!

snowshoveler

testing testing...sweetgum, sweetgum where are you.
  Chris
International T5 dozer
JD M tractor
MF skidloader
Jonsered chainmill
Vintage Belsaw

Tom L

I guess you guy's passed the test,

16 posts and no one has mentioned grits yet

POSTON WIDEHEAD

lmbeachy

Good to hear from you again Alsayyed, didn't know what happened to you . Lester
hotfoot

bill m

Test? What test? No one told me there would be a test! I haven't had time to study.I'm away on vacation at Cape Cod right now. Can I take this test when I get back home?
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

lyle niemi

I have only been tested once and the doctor gave me a badge saying I was SANE. Anyone eles have the same badge??

customsawyer

I am betting the letter "F" will be part of my grade. 
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

MotorSeven

Quote from: bill m on June 11, 2012, 03:39:56 PM
Test? What test? No one told me there would be a test! I haven't had time to study.I'm away on vacation at Cape Cod right now. Can I take this test when I get back home?

Here's a test...tell those morons at the Cape Cod Potato Chip Factory to bring back the RUSSET'S :'(
WoodMizer LT15 27' bed

WDH

It does not take much of a post to set this bunch off  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ga Mtn Man

:D oz_smiley :D oz_smiley :D oz_smiley :D oz_smiley

WDH,
After the day I've had I really needed a good laugh.  Thanks for letting the creative juices flow.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

ArborJake

I liked the russets too. Why do they always do that?
thick and thin lumber company. qaulity manufacturer of saw dust and slab wood.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on June 11, 2012, 08:25:14 PM

You always gotta make me laugh first thing in the morning. Laughing in the morning makes my tummy quizzy especially when I ain't had my grits and coffee yet.  ;D

bugdust

Hey Dave, here's your TEST. Is the grits and coffee with, or without sugar? :o

Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

bugdust

Quote from: bugdust on June 12, 2012, 08:34:34 AM
Hey Dave, here's your TEST. Is Are the grits and coffee with, or without sugar? :o

Oops, failed my test.  :-\
Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

Magicman

Sugar on Grits ??   :o  Grits ain't dessert, they's a meal.  Only butter or maybe a couple ah fried eggs plopped in the middle.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

I've had grits once in a while when I was in the Air Force.

They were a regular in the chow hall, especially in the South.

I always had them with butter and 2 fried eggs on top.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

scsmith42

Alsayed, good to see you back.

Kansas - you're post really cracked me up!
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: LeeB on June 11, 2012, 09:09:10 AM
Hello Ahmed. Good to see you arte still around. It's been a long time since you posted last.
Glad you're back too.  He meant to say "good to see thou arte still around" didnt he. :D
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

LeeB

No, I just mis-spelled are. Guess I failed the test.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

kderby

All we get is the word "test" ?   Mr Alsayed you are one of our honored members. I hope you are finding sawdust in your shoes. Glad to see you are still out there.

Evidently we are pretty comfortable with you as we can have so much fun with your single post...(Test).  What are you milling these days?  You used to know how to post pictures???

Kderby

JohnM

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on June 12, 2012, 08:05:31 AM

You always gotta make me laugh first thing in the morning. Laughing in the morning makes my tummy quizzy especially when I ain't had my grits and coffee yet.  ;D

That's odd, grits and coffee are what make me quizzy.  ;) ;D :D
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

WDH

That is OK, JohnM.  It takes all kinds to hold the world together  ;D.

Sprucegum

I am beginning to suspect we ALL failed Alsayed's test  :(  :-[  :-X  :-*

lyle niemi

Quote from: JohnM on June 18, 2012, 11:02:27 AM
Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on June 12, 2012, 08:05:31 AM

That's odd, grits and coffee are what make me quizzy.  ;) ;D :D
So what the heck is GRITS anyways??? Is it just cornmeal cooked like porridge??? I need a good answer on this cause Im wanting to try some.

Mooseherder

Holmes

Looks like this "test" should be moved to the Food Food Food topics
Think like a farmer.

WDH

After seeing that video, Ray will have nightmares all night  ;D.

JohnM

Quote from: WDH on June 19, 2012, 07:54:12 PM
After seeing that video, Ray will have nightmares all night  ;D.
:D :D :D
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

Ga Mtn Man

Grits-aka "polenta"- can be ground whole kernel corn (white or yellow) or ground dried hominy which is corn soaked in lye to remove the outer husk.  Quaker grits found in most grocery stores is hominy grits.  All are best cooked low and slow, in water or milk, for much longer than the package directions tell you and with plenty of salt.  Serve with butter, eggs, cheese, sausage, gravy...whatever you like. digin_2

WDH

Quote from: Ga_Mtn_Man on June 19, 2012, 09:08:48 PM
Serve with butter, eggs, cheese sausage, gravy...whatever you like. digin_2

Or all of the above plus some bacon and some ham and some biscuits and some homemade blackberry jelly and some coffee and some milk.........well, you get the idea  :D.

Magicman

Grits are mostly breakfast groceries, but when you have breakfast for supper well then they fit in quite nicely.  I also love grits and hot tamales.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

We have breakfast for supper a lot of times. Grits are always on the menu. They gotta be just right......not to dry. Can't stand dry grits.  no_no

thecfarm

This thread should be sent to the Woodshed. There is no way I'm watching a video on grits. Maybe I will PM Jeff and he will help me out.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Maybe one of the Admins can see to it  :D.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on June 20, 2012, 07:06:21 AM
Maybe one of the Admins can see to it  :D.

Is there one on call?

Magicman

I have seen Jeff's Grits Video.  The expression is priceless.   :D

Dave VH

there isn't an IQ test somewhere in here is there, my last one I didn't do too good, i think that i got a C-, or something like that.
I cut it twice and it's still too short

WDH

The IQ test is hidden in here, so you have already taken it again  :).

Holmes

Quote from: WDH on June 20, 2012, 07:46:14 PM
The IQ test is hidden in here, so you have already taken it again  :).

Did he pass or fail?  ;)
Think like a farmer.

Thank You Sponsors!