iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

how much to pay a skidder to contract

Started by timberjack97, July 01, 2012, 12:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbender

You'd pay more than that stumpage up here on pine logs, $100-$120 mbf. You try to get $80 per mbf or $40 per cord to put wood on the landing, bucked to length and piled. Let's do some math, paying the skidder $50/hr for a 10 hour day $550 plus you claim your buying fuel, lets say 20 gallons, $65. So $615 for a day of skidding, to put 2 loads on the landing, @$325 per load for $650. So he wants us to believe he is running his Timbco and loader on $35 a day, I bet the Timbco can burn 8-10 gallons an hour. I'm afraid I have to join the others and call Bull Puckey, either you're a 12 year old in fantasy land or you have a large inheritance you are doing a good job of squandering.
Too many irons in the fire

PAFaller

Maybe thats why folks say if you want to make a small fortune in the logging business you got to start with a large one  :D
It ain't easy...

snowstorm

what do ya wanta bet that x box has a new logging game coming out and tj 97 is the inventer

chevytaHOE5674

Quote from: lumberjack48 on July 02, 2012, 03:37:26 PM
1996 the last logs we pulled, we got $44. per MBF on the landing, and $16. a cord for 100" wood. If i could have got the kind of money your talking here, i could have made a $1000. a day.

In 1996 fuel was also $1 per gallon, oil and grease was 1/4 what it is today, insurance was probably 1/2 what it is today, tires were 1/4 what they are today, etc etc etc... In 1996 $44/MBF was probably decent money, today that doesn't even buy the fuel at $3.70 a gallon...

roquevalente

hello from Bolivia, here they charge $80 (USD) per hour... including everything so also fuel. BUT: you should ALWAYS contract by the output never by the hour! This is my advise. Or just buy a tractor and do everything yourself, much cheaper and less risk
Roque Valente SRL is a ipe hardwood mill located in the Bolivian forest specialized in milling and logging - www.roquevalente.com

Thank You Sponsors!