iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

First time to Alabama

Started by terrifictimbersllc, June 10, 2012, 10:31:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrifictimbersllc

LOOK :o :o :o :o :o what I found in an Alabama motel parking lot the other week.  My first time there and man was it hot.    Made me think of y'all down south and hope this helps MM have a great day! :D :D :D

I was down there a week in the town of Phil Campbell, working on a re-building project stemming from the tornadoes last year.  http://www.waff.com/story/18650739/group-helps-phil-campbell-church-hit-by-last-years-storm-rebuild  If you watch the video, please ignore the intro about the contractor being arrested, has nothing to do with it.  ::)
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

terrifictimbersllc

Sorry i thought it was sweetgum.  Maybe y'all have to help me out. Like i said it was my first time.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Magicman

Those look Sweetgummery but my Sweetgum leaves have 5 "lobes".  My Japanese Maple has 7 lobes and are skinnier.  Those have 8 lobes with a much broader center.  Our tree experts will sniff it out.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

customsawyer

I can't believe you are talking about the heat. The last week wasn't to bad. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

terrifictimbersllc

Week of Memorial day.  M-W temps were in the 90's then Th-F were cooler.   Mostly setting trusses and nailing 5/8 decking, got to me around 3-4pm.  Sitting in shade 10 min/hr in the pm was the ticket. Once in the car for 20 min with the AC on.  'Course if I was riding a sawmill under an umbrella it would have been different.  :(

customsawyer

When it is in the 90s and high humidity it gets tough. Especially if you are out in the sun. Takes lots of water. Hard to believe how much a person sweats in high humidity.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

terrifictimbersllc

About a quarter million BF of SYP  in the frame I think, came from Mississippi!  Contractors in my group said they don't usually see this quality lumber up north.  Provided by mill owner at mill cost, & trucked for free over to AL. 

Magicman

We gots SYP, heat, humidity, sweat, and Sweetgum.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Nomad

Quote from: customsawyer on June 10, 2012, 05:31:03 PM
When it is in the 90s and high humidity it gets tough. Especially if you are out in the sun. Takes lots of water. Hard to believe how much a person sweats in high humidity.
No it ain't.  I sweat so bad I sweat out my eyeballs!
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

:D :D  But a bowl of hot grits is a good thing.   smiley_thumbsup

terrifictimbersllc

They served regular and with cheese twice a day.

grweldon

So has anybody figured out the leaf?
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

WDH

Looks like a variety of Japanese Maple, Acer palmatum.  There is an extra large whack of varieties.  It is a popular landscape plant.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!