iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Price range on BellSaw mill.

Started by leroy in kansas, June 09, 2012, 04:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leroy in kansas

Got a chance to get a bellsaw mill. As near as I can tell it's all there but as with many, not in the best shape. The old boy that has it got it set up and it wouldn't saw st. He burned the blade on the guide and gave up. It's been setting unused for many years.

I have no idea of what is a fair price for a mill like this? Can ya all give me an idea or range of price ??

Thanks Leroy

bandmiller2

Leroy,what goes with the mill is their a decent power plant, spare bits and shanks, sharpening tools est.Is it a woodie or steel frame.Its tough without seeing it,bare mill with rotted wood under $500.00. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

b dukes

My Belsaw cost me $1500 , It was all steel with a 40 inch blade , two headblocks. It was in good shape , just a lot of surface rust.  Post some pictures of the mill you are looking at , that will help.

shelbycharger400

i paid 1500 for mine about a year ago
its a wood frame.  42 in blade.   belt drive

It was in a shed and in good shape , very little wear on it,   the headblocks never had even been setup correctly

snowshoveler

I paid 600 for mine. 38 inch blade and some new wood and 30 some feet of track.2 headblocks.
I think its one of the oldest ones. flat belt drive.
Chris
International T5 dozer
JD M tractor
MF skidloader
Jonsered chainmill
Vintage Belsaw

shelbycharger400

forgot to put in, mine is 1978  and belt drive

leroy in kansas

Thanks for the reply. Don't have any pics of the mill. It's wood frame, the guy was using a tractor pto drive. so no power plant with. Length is a little over 40' over all. There were 3 blades but Im not certain now what the size's were. One of the blades didn't have incerts. He had a box full of incerts. The wood wasn't completely gone, but will need replacing.
Thanks Leroy

shelbycharger400

looks like u need a tractor now..  :D

i have 2 here.. one for sale, might be a little expensive shippin  (51 case dc3)

if ur goin the route of replacing the wood, which i am on mine.   go with a trailer house frame. But really, Mount the arbor with some NEW style split pillow block bearings.  those ones that they come with are a pta and DONT slide off the arbor from the rust over the years.    they bearings will cost you,  but so would a day or 3 trying to change the carrage drive belt otherwise.

Thank You Sponsors!