iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Question on Saw problem and Saw fair market price

Started by WineandWood, June 08, 2012, 12:20:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WineandWood

Short story Long Version
I wanted a bigger saw to run with a 24" CSM so after a little looking I found a Husqvarna 372XP with a 16" and 18" bar and with 2 chains for each.  Ended up trading a rifle for the combo.  I was planning on buying a longer bar and using this saw.  Well then someone gave me a Ripsaw only catch is it runs on a Stihl power head.  I found a good deal on a 441 so I went ahead and purchased it. The two saws seem to be very similar so I figured I would sell the Husq t off set the cost of the Stihl.  What is a fair price for the 372XP?  It is in wonderful condition and both bars are in great shape.  The 16" doesn't look like it has been used at all.  I think according to the serial number the saw was built in 2010 and doesn't seem to have been used much.  I have cut one tree with it.  It starts every time on the 2nd pull.

Next question.  I have a Stihl 290 that starts on half choke no problem but give it any gas or take off choke and it dies.  Thinking I would like to fix it my self and just looking for ideas on what to check.  Thanks

Al_Smith

I'm assuming this "rip saw" is a small bandsaw mill that uses thin narrow bands ? I don't know if a 441 would have enough power or not .

A 372 Husqvarna is a very popular saw but it's next to impossible to set a price on one not knowing what the local market would pay for it .You might look at Craigs list or flea bay to get an idea .What you do know is it' s worth a rifle . ;)

For the 290 it sounds to me like the saw needs the low speed carb jet richened up a tad bit .

Cut4fun

New 372's are $829. I have been getting $400 for clean used gone through 372's. 

Ward Barnes

Howdy:

I have been watching e-bay for the last couple of weeks and the 372XP's have been bringing anywhere from $400.00 to $655.00.

God Bless, Ward and Mary.
7 year old Stihl MS 390.  New Stihl trim saw MS 250.  Kubota BX 2200 tractor.  2005 F150 4X4.
Dull chains cause accidents.  Accidents cause shorter life spans.
You don't sharpen a chain when it gets dull.  You sharpen a chain to keep it from getting dull.

deerslayer

$400 to $600 depending on condition. A 16" bar is really short for a 372. These saws seem to sell better with longer bars on them. Short bars are pretty cheap, long bars are expensive so they can become a significant portion of the value. What kind of rifle was it?
Too many chainsaws, not enough wood.
Stihl, Husky, Craftsman, Mac, Homelite, Poulan. Some live here, some just passing through.

Thank You Sponsors!