iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone near NW Louisiana with a WoodMizer and extension capable of sawing 30 ft?

Started by LOGDOG, June 05, 2012, 09:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LOGDOG

Wondering if any of our members near my area in NW LA have a Woodmizer with an extension to saw 30'+? I got a referral from Woodmizer today. Super guy. I talked with him for about 2 hours on the phone. He's got about 4 semi loads of 20"-30"+diameter, 50-60 foot long, pine and hardwood logs he needs milled. I'd guess maybe 16,000 -20,000 feet? He needs some long stuff milled though and my LT30HD is only able to saw 16'8". Even if I had the extension, it's near 100 degrees and I have a lot of desk work I'd rather do than wrestle big logs and heavy slabs in this heat. (I'm gettin' soft I guess.....) :)

If anyone is close send me a PM and we can talk about it. Prefer an experienced sawyer if I'm going to refer someone to this guy. I'm going to do a bunch of other business with him it turns out, so I'd like him to have a good experience. If we can't find someone, he's going to buy a new mill, saw the lumber and sell it afterwards. (He's run an LT40 with Accuset in the past.)

Buck

If you change your mind I have the bed and rail off that LT-40 I wrecked. All true. Just have to join it up. Complete with loader assy.
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

LOGDOG

Is the frame straight on that Buck? How'd you wreck that? I must have missed that thread.... My mill is a 95 what's yours?

Buck

Yep its straight. Its an 88 model. I'll have to tell you that one sometime. I could put it all back together and run it without too much effort. Too many irons in the fire. I've been needing to move it. The cutting head is Onan powered and would take a little tweaking to get it right. Its all been idle since October. 
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

LOGDOG

Hmmmmm .... that would be an interesting set up. Especially with the double loaders.

My preference is to find someone to saw these for this fella so I don't have to and he doesn't have to buy a mill. Back when I was milling full time, this would have been a gravy job. Especially if the timing of the season was right. Mostly 2" stuff. Should stack up fast.

leroyC

I have a 6' extension on a LT-40 Super capable of 26'. If interested send a PM.
Woodmizer LT40 super, clark 6000 lb forklift, prentice knuckleboom loader, stihl 026
Full time sawyer

LOGDOG

Thank you Leroy. I'll see if the 26' will fly. I'll send you a PM too...

Jim_Rogers

You guys are going to have to check with WM the rails on a 88 mill may not be the same distance apart as the LT30HD. It depends on what year the LT30 is.

I tried to buy a bed extension from another WM owner and ran into that problem. Back when he got his mill they custom fit the extension to his mill. And my 94 was different.

I even checked with a tape measure and it was different and they wouldn't bolt up.

I hope you will be able to make it work.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

LOGDOG

Thank You Sponsors!