iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Masters guide

Started by zelpatsmot, June 05, 2012, 07:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelpatsmot

Does anyone have any feedback about the new-ish book from James Mitchell- Masters guide to Timber Framing?

Jim_Rogers

Can you post a link to the book? I don't know if I've seen it yet.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

bigshow

I never try anything, I just do it.

addicted

robbshowe

I have recently purchased this book and found it very interesting and informative.  However, I have always used square rule framing in my framing business and I am a little reluctant to adopt the centreline layout system suggested in this book.  I can see the merits of doing so and will give it a go when I get some spare time.  It would be particularly useful if your milled posts and beams are not consistently accurate.  As we have our own sawmill with a planer attached to the same machine bed we produce very accurate timbers so are in no rush to change our methods at the moment.  It seems to be a system that has been developed from the log-building fraternity and I reserve further judgement until I have given it a fair trial.  Hope this helps.  I would still recommend it as a good read no matter what and is a welcome addition to my ever expanding library of timber framing reference material.

canopy

I went to buy it but it is out of print according to Amazon which is my reliable source as they ship globally. Sounded like a great book as I like line layouts.

Thank You Sponsors!