iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

South Florida Vacation Today / LAST PICS OF MY BIRTHDAY

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, June 04, 2012, 04:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Reading the Forestry Forum on vacation is relaxing!

Bass are biting! I caught them and ran into the house to get a picture.

****************************************************************************************

Went by to visit member STEAMSAWYER / Alan Rudd today. The bad think is I only could stay 20 minutes. I had to get my father-in-law to bring me since my wife had our car. So much stuff going on at one time.....so much to do. But now that I know where STEAMSAWYER is, I can plan for next time to stay a whole day! Alan is a very down to earth country guy, knows a lot about sawing using steam. His set up was just jaw dropping! The history he told us was overwhelming. I really enjoyed my short visit. DanG it.......wish I could have stayed all day.
Thanks Alan.  smiley_thumbsup

I'm the little fat boy on the left.... :D

**************************************************************************************
Birthday dinner at my Mother-in-Laws......boy, she can cook. FRESH and I mean FRESH Scallops, Shrimp, Fish, Red Potatoes, Corn on the Cob, Garlic Bread and Sweet Tea!

Here is one of my Birthday cards.....

Me and my Wife, Julie

I had a blast sharing this stuff with ya'll. Thanks Jeff for giving me a place to share a little part of my life!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Raider Bill

First put more sunscreen on before you become lobster boy! :D :D

Where in S Fla are you?
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Magicman

Surely there must be some kind of ordinance  ??? ???

Enjoy your stay David, 'cause there is sawdust waiting when you get home.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Norm

Nice place!

Put me down for a month's stay starting in February.  ;D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Raider Bill on June 04, 2012, 05:03:38 PM

Where in S Fla are you?

We're staying in SABASTIAN, just below MELBORNE. Playing golf, fishing, Disney, Dog races and laying around the pool reading the Forum!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on June 04, 2012, 05:40:50 PM
Surely there must be some kind of ordinance  ??? ???

Magic.....you're KILLING ME. Your reply is WAY to funny. You got everybody laughing!

Mooseherder

You're about 90 miles from me but I do cover that area in my job duties.
Let me know if you want to meet for coffee.  I'm buying.

Nomad

A couple of things.  You're in a closed in pool, in Florida, in June?!?  What ya afraid of, manatees?  (Or maybe it's airconditioned...)  It's nice down Sebastian way.  The fishing is great too.
     I'd offer to drop down that way to visit, but I'm up north right now doing the same thing you are; vacationing!
     BTW, looks like a nice place you're staying.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

bugdust

Hey Dave, what did they saw about all that saw dust in the water the first time you jumped in? I sure hope you don't spend too much time thinking about all us roughing out a living  back here, I wouldn't want to be responsible for ruining a great vacation. Have a great time and be safe. smiley_mickey
Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: bugdust on June 04, 2012, 09:32:19 PM
Hey Dave, what did they saw about all that saw dust in the water the first time you jumped in? I sure hope you don't spend too much time thinking about all us roughing out a living  back here, I wouldn't want to be responsible for ruining a great vacation. Have a great time and be safe. smiley_mickey

That's funny. My wife did tell me sawdust was coming out of my ears when I jumped into the pool.....and this is the truth.
Alan Rudd (Member name STEAMSAWYER) is right down the road. I'm gonna try to hook up with him this week and watch him saw. Need to learn some new tricks!  :)

I didn't tell ya'll I was coming down here. I had to wear a disguise coming through Georgia......rough place.  :D

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: clww on June 05, 2012, 08:35:29 PM
POSTON,
How far south are you going?

I am in SABASTIAN, FLORIDA. East coast. See if you can google a map for a more precise location.
Thanks clww

fishpharmer

Nice fish.  Have fun. 8)

Awesome steam engine, Steamsawyer.

David, 4 good pics out of five ain't bad!  ;) ;D
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

thecfarm

Have fun Piston. I would have a VERY hard time just staying 20 minutes.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: fishpharmer on June 05, 2012, 10:42:57 PM

David, 4 good pics out of five ain't bad!  ;) ;D

OooooooK........So whatcha saying?   :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Fla._Deadheader

Exactly where is this member "Steamsawyer" located ??  I might have to look him up, next time I go back to Sebastian. 2 of my 3 offspring live in Sebastian area.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Fla._Deadheader on June 06, 2012, 03:24:16 PM
Exactly where is this member "Steamsawyer" located ??  I might have to look him up, next time I go back to Sebastian. 2 of my 3 offspring live in Sebastian area.

I have his address but I would feel better if you would send him a PM and ask for direction. He has a GREAT set up. It's almost like going to a museum. Purty smart guy when it comes to sawing with steam.

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

sandhills

Happy birthday David, hope the rest of the trip is just as good (with more pictures  :)).

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: sandhills on June 07, 2012, 02:02:15 AM
Happy birthday David, hope the rest of the trip is just as good (with more pictures  :)).

I am so thankful the good Lord let me live 56 years! WOW!

Thanks SANDHILLS.

Magicman

David, Florida will make you get old man!  You have only been there a few days and you are already a year older.  Just look around.  All you see is old folks.  Get out of there as fast as you can.   smiley_horserider

Happy Birthday !!!    :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

bugdust

Hey Dave, Don't forget your appointment when you get back home. Nursing homes are filling up fast, and at 56 it might be a good time to make reservations.  smiley_old_guy

Happy Birthday and a safe trip home!
Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Lynn, you are right. I went to play golf with some in-laws yesterday. When it came my time to pay, I said SENIOR rate please.

We have seniors rates in S.C. when a player reaches 55 years old.

When I asked for the senior rate, everyone in the place busted out laughing!
I said what so funny? The guy told me everything in Florida is priced at a senior rate.  :D

Dang......jokes on me......I told him I have never thought of it like that.  :)
In fact the guy taking my money had 1 foot in the grave and the other foot on a banana peel.  :D :D :D

Thanks for the well wishes Magic Man.  smiley_thumbsup

Thank You Sponsors!