iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ammo to Nails

Started by Phorester, June 04, 2012, 08:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phorester

Converted a Remington Arms Ammo box to a nail carrier. Tray and partitions made from 3/8" plywood.

Outside

Inside

Texas Ranger

Good job, but seems like a range box woulda been more appropriate! 8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Phorester

It was more of,  "what can I do with this ammo box?" rather than "I need a new nail box".  ;D

If I had it to do over again I'd make the center handle in the tray from 3/4" lumber, same as the sides, but it's such a small box I was trying to make as much room for the contents as possible.  The 3/8" plywood is kinda flimsy for a handle. Might slab a couple of little narrow pieces of the plywood on each side of  it down to the top of the partitions to strengthen it.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Now ain't that something! Great eyedea Phorester. Your box will make a great hand me down.....or just send it to me.  :D

Nice work.  smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Tree Feller

I love re-purposed stuff and using the ammo box for a nail box is great. Waste not, want not.
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

WDH

You can come over to my place and hammer stuff anytime  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Lud

Nice job............

Recycling /repurposing containers into useful sorting ,  separating storage devices is classic "craft guy think"

Now if I could only come up with a use for these cigar boxes and the scotch bottles..........
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Phorester

Quote from: Texas Ranger on June 04, 2012, 08:17:09 AM
Good job, but seems like a range box woulda been more appropriate! 8)

Oops, TR, I misunderstood your reply.  An antique wooden ammo box would indeed make a good sturdy and appropriate box for shooting range equipment/supplies.

Todd

now i wanna see your nail gun! :D
Making somthing idiot-proof only leads to the creation of bigger idiots!

Texas Ranger

Phorester, I was not being critical, I now have more use for a nail box than a range box, but, still make a cool range box.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

WDH

After seeing yours and Metalspinner's organizational skills, I am going to have to resolve to improve myself :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

metalspinner

The past couple of weeks have been spent organizing and cleaning the shop. One fact that will never change is the storage of all the hardware we accumilate is a pain in the ascot. I've been paying my son to sift through all the 5 gallon buckets of stuff and organize them into metal drawer bins.

Phorestor's project is going to be filed away on my "Someday List." My pile of pnuematic finish nails and staples would look just right in one of those.
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

WDH

Uh oh, I really really need to clean my shop  :).

metalspinner

It got to the point, WDH, that every tool surface was cluttered with stuff and I had to spend 5 minutes clearing it off to use it.  Not to mention all the twisting and turning just to walk from one side of the shop to the other.

The final straw was when I had to set up my chop saw on its portable stand on the driveway because the bench was to cluttered. ::)
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Thank You Sponsors!