iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A Hero

Started by Faron, June 03, 2012, 10:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faron

I believe I may have previously mentioned a young family in my area.  About a year ago their youngest child unlocked a door and drowned in their pool.  Trenton was the youngest of 5 children.  The family has displayed remarkable courage and grace in the face of such a tragedy.  Instead of falling apart, as I fear I would do, Trenton's mother organized a non profit organization, Tractors for Trenton, which provided clothing and toys for a large number of needy kids this past Christmas.  Then, she organized low cost swimming lessons for children in the area.  A lot of kids took the lessons this spring.
The oldest daughter just graduated from high school.  She has a summer job as a lifeguard at a local lake.  Yesterday, a 9 year old boy got in too deep and got in trouble. She spotted him and rescued him.  He did not require CPR, but his lips were blue. 
I imagine Olivia would say she was just doing her job, but I thought it was extraordinary given the events of the past year, and perhaps an example of God working in mysterious ways.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Paul_H

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Magicman

I am sure that in her heart there is a sense of giving back.  Thanks for sharing that story.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

clww

A great feel-good story you shared.  :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Buck

smiley_clapping Great story, thaks for sharing.
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Thank You Sponsors!