iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

e-classic in my future

Started by Local4Fitter, May 31, 2012, 09:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Local4Fitter

Well guys I finally did it. Today I bought an e-2400. Lots of work to do now. I have been cutting,splitting, and stacking wood like a mad man ( all by hand, good excercise) . In the next couple of weeks I am going to build a second driveway ( 180') to gain easy access to the boiler. This will eventually have a garage/shop at the end of it. I wanted to  thank everybody here on this great forum for all of your input. This site is a wealth of information for someone like me trying to decide on an OWB. Even after a full year of thinking,planning, and researching I was still a bit nervous handing that check over. I am hoping for a good experience. I was thinking today that I might have a priest bless my well and water softener, hey it couldn't hurt to have 340 gallons of softened holy water in the boiler :D
1974 John Deere 510, Wood fired pizza oven,2005 Dodge/Cummins,Firearms for all occasions.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

boilerman101

Congrats Fitter, I don't think you will regret your choice. The E2400 has treated me great over the last 2 heating seasons.

AsaG

Congrats, I'll concur with the others....you'll like it.   8)  I agree with the feeling when handing over the $$$.  The only thing worse was the look on sweetie pie's face when I brought the 2400 home even though the 6048 is still perfectly fine.  All she said was "OMG, what are you gonna do with TWO of them?"  It took awhile but she got over it.  :D

Local4Fitter

What are you going to do with two of them Asa?
1974 John Deere 510, Wood fired pizza oven,2005 Dodge/Cummins,Firearms for all occasions.

AsaG

Quote from: Local4Fitter on June 15, 2012, 10:08:15 PM
What are you going to do with two of them Asa?

It just worked out to be unintended consequences.  A very close friend of mine used an old stove in the basement of their 1890's farm-house.  The entire setup scared the hell out of me.  He always wanted an OWB but the costs were out of reach for them.  The plan was for me to move to a 2400 and give him my 6048 for next to nothing.  Just before we got this done, he was in an auto accident.  By the time all was said and done, they were in a financial black-hole.  No need for an OWB when you have no house and the entire family is living with relatives. Needless to say, things didn't quite go as planned.  Now my 6048 sits, squeaky clean, in a corner of my climate-controlled shop awaiting the time when they are back on their feet and, once again, have a home of their own. They seem to think they will never want it but I'm not convinced and indefinite waiting isn't a problem for us. One of these days, the call will come that they've got a house.  I'll be ready with the heat.  ;) That's the Reader's Digest condensed version.  Showing my age with that line.  :D   

Holmes

It was cold last night . How is the e-classic working for you???
Think like a farmer.

Local4Fitter

well last week the controller went after 2 weeks of running with no problems. The controller ended up frying the primary solenoid which keeps the fire hot. I now have to prop the primary intake open with a romex staple. It smokes quite a bit this way but I will have a new controller and solenoid on monday. As far as the btu's it delivers to the house, its great, the buderus panel throws some serious heat. Nice and toasty.

Local4Fitter

I got a new firestar controller and a new solenoid from Central boiler today. It took literally 3 minutes to change out both parts. It seems to be back to normal. Hoping this boiler doesn't make a habit out of this.

Little John

I have had mine up and running since last weekend, hopefully this doesn't happen to me!  So far I love mine!

hockeyguy

Quote from: Local4Fitter on October 15, 2012, 08:43:43 PM
I got a new firestar controller and a new solenoid from Central boiler today. It took literally 3 minutes to change out both parts. It seems to be back to normal. Hoping this boiler doesn't make a habit out of this.
I'm with you on that. I recently replaced my low burn solenoid after just beginning my third year of operation. No problems with the controller so far- mine's the older style.

Thank You Sponsors!