iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

logs for mill

Started by captain_crunch, May 31, 2012, 01:00:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

captain_crunch

Maybe these pics should be in logging but are fer my mill

pics of my wood lot and 60 year old crawler at work
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

Meadows Miller

Gday

Looking good Brian  :) ;D ;D ;D 8) I miss cutting Fir  dont know why we had to send the best of it to Japan  at a 1/3 of what we would have got for it here ??? :( :( :'( :'( :'(

Regards chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

dgdrls

CC,

we will need some close-ups and a little more data on that crawler :)

looks like a nice location

DGDrls

thecfarm

I like to work in the woods. I really like it when I am just cutting for me and my sawmill. No worries about nothing.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

bandmiller2

Logging and milling can be very enjoyable and safe if your not in a hurry,that is not trying to make a living at it. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Magicman

There is no other therapy like getting in the woods, felling, skidding, and bucking your own logs.  That old crawler has earned it's wings for sure.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

bugdust

I sure envy you guys who log and saw in flat country. Southern WV is a challenge to say the least. Fortunately I have roads on the property to traverse, but it takes constant attention. If you don't fall a tree across the road you will need block and cable to haul the log back to the road. I have also built a couple sites to set the mill on to eliminate having to haul logs off the mountain. Constant vigilance is the key.

Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

snowshoveler

I could be mistaken....
But I think Crunchy is in Oregon. He has some mighty big hills to play on.
We just have little bumps and lumps here in Nova Scotia and thats enough for me.
Regards Chris
International T5 dozer
JD M tractor
MF skidloader
Jonsered chainmill
Vintage Belsaw

MHineman

I wouldn't be suprised if your hills have more elevation change than our entire state.
1999 WM LT40, 40 hp 4WD tractor, homemade forks, grapple, Walenstein FX90 skidding winch, Stihl 460 039 saws,  homebuilt kiln, ......

captain_crunch

I happen to be on only flat spot on hill kinda a wide ridge

As you can see Oregon has hills  and we are only in what they call the foot hills Lane County has er all from beach to 5128 ft elevation in 2 hrs drive
Crawler is the infomas Thirsty From Red Power ;D 1953 TD 14A
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

Thank You Sponsors!