iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LOGRITE

Started by moandrich, May 29, 2012, 09:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moandrich

So I have ordered a few things threw Baileys that were Logrite.  Great quality stuff.  Was ridding with a friend of mine and he told me something I did not know.  Logrite is about 10 miles from my house.  I drove there today.  What a great place!  They do everything in house, the shop is very clean and organized and the owner is really nice and was working in the shop when I was there.  Talked to him and he sold me a couple of can't hooks.  It was nice not having to pay shipping.  It is nice seeing someone running a shop the way it used to be, actually on the floor involved and helping. Not micro managing things from behind a computer.
woodmizer lt 40HD  2007
Kubota RTVX1100 2019
Kubota L3940   2009

Dan_Shade

Logrite is good folks!

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

WDH

Totally first class.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

pnyberg

They are indeed.  I also live pretty close to LogRite world headquarters, and I've visited several times.  I always email first to make sure that I'd arrive at a convenient time.  Kevin and Tammy are both excellent hosts.  I've never seen the lady welders in action, but then once you're all suited up for welding, it's probably not very obvious that you're a lady.

Not to pick nits, but that tool is a cant hook, not a can't hook.  From the Forestry Forum dictionary:

cant: Log that is squared on two or more sides.

--Peter
No longer milling

5quarter

I've used plenty of cant hooks that can't hook.   ;)
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

barbender

I thought they were called that cause it's the tool you grab when you can't roll the log by hand  ::)
Too many irons in the fire

moandrich

My computer changes it automatically and don't bother to change, figure everyone will know what I'm talking about.
woodmizer lt 40HD  2007
Kubota RTVX1100 2019
Kubota L3940   2009

medic

I've owned some can't hooks.  None of them were made by Logrite though.
Retired Paramedic, TimberKing 1400, Logrite cant hooks, old MacCullough chain saws.  Too many projects not enough hours in the day.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: medic on May 30, 2012, 08:56:29 AM
I've owned some can't hooks.  None of them were made by Logrite though.

It's just a matter of time.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

Did you get any brownies???   ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Raider Bill

I bought a 60" Logrite peavy bar and have never owned a cant or a peavy, Actually I'm not even sure I know what a peavey is :D. I just wanted to be one of the guys. Bought a few other woodsy things from them just because they are such nice people.
Now Blue Creeper I love that stuff!!!!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Ironwood

I live a LOOONG way off, but have been there too. Good stuff!

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Tree Feller

I bought a 48" Logrite cant hook before I got my mill based on the rave reviews I read here. When I did finally get a mill, a 48" wooden-handled cant hook came with it.

There is no comparison between the Logrite and the wooden-handled one. The Logrite is definitely a superior tool.
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

cutterboy

One of these days I'm going to take a ride down there. I think it'll be about a two hour drive. I have their 60" cant hook and a hookeroon. Now that's a handy tool. I love their stuff!
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

Tam-i-am

What Rich didn't tell you is that after he visited us, we had to go and visit his place of business.  It was some kind of subliminal advertising or something as after helping Rich out, Kevin was craving pizza.  Kevin said Rich smelled good.  Turns out Rich works at our favorite pizza place.  I bet pnyberg has been there too as it is almost in our backyards.

We love visitors.  It is always a good idea to call though as sometimes we are away. Sorry I missed you Rich. 
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

moandrich

Yah, even though I am on this web site reading a lot i actually run a large pizza shop (2-600 pizzas a night).  Have a Culinary degree and a management degree.  Worked in a bunch of high class places before that, even ran a small cruise line.  I love working with my hands.  I love wood working, wood cutting and splitting, plumbing, electrical work, working on cars, framing, roofing, flat work (cement), digging holes and moving dirt with equipment (including hand tools) and anything I have not tried yet.  Have worked for many people for free so I could learn there trade.  Used to tell my self I do everything myself to save money.  Now I admit I just like doing it myself, I find huge satisfaction in it and don't care if it does not save me money anymore.  Sometimes it creates a lot of frustration but the knowledge I gain makes it very rewarding in helping other people.  My friends call me the original swamp yankee (from them it is a huge compliment).  Happy anniversary Tamiam 8) 8)
woodmizer lt 40HD  2007
Kubota RTVX1100 2019
Kubota L3940   2009

WDH

Well, if pizza is part of the deal, than I guess that I will have to visit  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

MotorSeven

I like my two Logrite's so much I lock them up every night. My first one was a wooden one I bought up in Vermont many years ago after picking up a chainsaw mill. This was before I became edju-ma-cated about Logrite's. That wooden one put me on my butt many times, so I leave it out in a prominent location every night, just hoping someone will steal it.....nope no takers ;)
WoodMizer LT15 27' bed

Thank You Sponsors!