iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2012 Forestry Forum Pigroast RSVP Thread!

Started by Jeff, May 28, 2012, 11:13:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weekend_Sawyer

Made it to the Friday meet n great.  Good to see old friends and new. Tomorrow is the big day!
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

DR_Buck

Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

submarinesailor

Me three. 

Now one of the grandsons is sick...running a fever with bloody noses.

Iwsh I was there.

Bruce

WDH

That Weekend Sawyer rode in, won the chainsaw in finest fashion (with some fine coaching even if I have to say so myself  :)),  then drove off in the settling sun   ;D.  A fine figure of a man  ;).

Jon, you are rascal!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on August 04, 2012, 10:12:23 PM
That Weekend Sawyer rode in, won the chainsaw in finest fashion (with some fine coaching even if I have to say so myself  :)),  then drove off in the settling sun   ;D.  A fine figure of a man  ;).

Jon, you are rascal!

Yea, I saw him strutting around on the camera with his chainsaw.  8)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

That man can swing a stick on a rope  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Weekend_Sawyer

It was the expert coaching!  8)

Gonna fire it up tomorrow, I'm too tired to juggle chainsaws today. :D
Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

JV

Well, home safe and sound and full of pig.  I really thought long and hard about going since I would be by myself for the first time.  Jane's little sister, Joyce and her husband Tim said they would like to go as they had heard us talk about the fun we had a previous roasts.  On the trip home, they repeatedly commented on how friendly everyone was and that it was more like a family reunion.  Dodgy's darling daughter really made a hit, she is a little doll.  Sure great to see old friends again.  Watching the games was a blast.  And to the Fat Olde Elf, I'm still ahead of you.   ;D
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

tyb525

See I think Weekend Sawyer should have to do it over, 'cause I was in the bathroom when he did it and I didn't see no pictures of it! ;D

I think he had help building that log cabin also!
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

beenthere

Which young lady wore the JohnDeere hat?  She wore it very well, I should add.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

tyb525

That would be Grace, first time to the pig roast for her, won't be her last though!

Yes she is a JD gal, as much as I try to convert her to IH ;D
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

beenthere

Hang in there Grace.  You are on the right track.  ;D ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Lud

Sure was fun seeing old friends like "the Elf", Bill the WEAVER,  BB Tom, WD, and of course, the Boss,  who was tired but in fine form.   A real fine crowd of good folks who, collectively , have more common sense than all those people in Washington, D.C. put together.

I got rained on twice heading back to Ohio.   Whipped in under an underpass and popped the roof up on the Bird and kept goin'.  Hope the weather held up in Harrison.  The radio was talkin' twisters somewhere in Michigan.

AS I was leaving, saying goodbye and thanks to Jeff,  I had him sign my hat and he said no one had ever asked him to do that.  I may have been first but I bet I won't be the last!! 8) 8) 8)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

scouter Joe

A big thanks to Jeff  , Tammy and all those that helped make this gathering the huge success that it was . It was really nice to meet other members of the forums and talk to like minded folk . Hope to make it again next year . Thanks again , scouter Joe . (not Scooter Joe )

Dan_Shade

It was great to see everybody again.  Yesterday, i rode down to Mansfield, OH, and snapped a pic of my bike in front of the prison used in the filming of the Shawshank . 

Today I rode into PA and saw an old covered bridge.  Right now, I'm in Jamestown, NY
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Bill Gaiche

Just got home about 7:00pm this evening. Went north up thru the UP and down thru Wisconsin. Went thru milwalkee just a couple of hours after the shooting and we couldnt go down the street we wanted to because the police had it all blocked off.
The roast was great and only because Jeff and Tammy did such a bang up job. I know that they spent untold hours at preparing all that great food.
Thanks for putting together the drawing and the method of the show down on some of the prizes. A many thanks also to all the people that provided all the great prizes.
It was great to meet so many people from many different states.
If there was a prize to be given, Jeff and Tammy would have won best party in town. Thanks again for what you have done. bg

pigman

Quote from: Bill Gaiche on August 06, 2012, 10:47:21 PM
Thanks for putting together the drawing and the method of the show down on some of the prizes.
You would say that since you beat me in the timberframe contest to win the LogRite cant hook.   ;) ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Bill Gaiche

Yip pigman. You were a good contestant and thanks for letting me win.

Harold

Great job Tammy and Jeff, and all the others who made the roast possible.  Thanks to the people who donated the prizes.  Especially the people who donated the gas Grill I had the fortune to win.    Nice seeing you all again.  Hope everyone had a safe trip.

Thanks again to everyone!

Harold and Sandi Bobo

Magicman

We just got home and what a wonderful and safe trip it was.  We met several new to us members and it seems that we did not get to spend nearly enough time with anyone.

Jeff, Tammy, and family really go all out to make the Pig Roast a success, and they were successful.  I did not see anyone that was lonely or hungry.  There is just no way that I could describe the friendship that exist throughout the FF membership.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

pigman

Quote from: Bill Gaiche on August 07, 2012, 01:27:35 PM
Yip pigman. You were a good contestant and thanks for letting me win.
Letting you win nothing. I was trying to distract you by talking to you. I think I only distracted myself as usual. :(
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

WDH

That is unlike you Bob, as you are usually so quiet  :).

SwampDonkey

Well, here I am. After pig roast'n and spending a few days in the UP with the Brokaws and the OWW gang, I was on my way to the Soo, then home. Great time as always.
:)  Some folks I missed a goodbye as I was poking around Harrison for a fare bit, so goodbye until next time. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

It was wonderful finally being able to spend some time talking with you SD.  We had a nice Fur conversation.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!