iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tower 27" edger

Started by craigh2373, May 27, 2012, 07:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craigh2373

My father runs a small sawmill and has a Towet 27" edger at the end of the mill. He recently broke the lever that operates the moveable saw.  I saw on this site that someone had just rebuilt a 30" Tower edger and was wondering if they had a good source for parts?

clww

You may want to move to the "Sawmills" topic for this question.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Tripp

Craigh,

I run a very old tower edger. I rebuilt it a couple of years ago and repoured all of the babbitt bearings.

Did the cast iron piece that moves the saw break? If it did it could probably be brazed back together and the bearing repoured if necessary. I have a parts edger in the woods that may have the piece on it that you are looking for. If you have a picture it would be helpful. I will try to take a look tomorrow and see what I have.

You could also have a new part cast from the old one if necessary. I have had some parts cast for old equipment and the price is very reasonable. It just takes a little time to ship it off and have it returned.

I am assuming that parts for these machines would be hard to get, but there may be a source for them.
I am attaching a pic of my edger. Is it similar?

Tripp

Woodey

Tripp, That is a nice Edger, your shed looks like a nice place to work under. That is what I need over my edger.

Craigh, Your at a good place to get advice. Welcome to the FF.
WOODMIZER LT40HDD34CAT w/accuset
JLG SKYTRAK 6036 Telescopic Forklift
NYLE L200 KILN
BAKER M412 MOULDER

sawlooser

trying to find a belt size for a old tower 27 edger and the rpm to run it at.

Thank You Sponsors!