iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

what should a timbco operator get paid?

Started by timberjack97, May 26, 2012, 10:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberjack97

i just bought a  timbco 425b  feller buncher with a barsaw on it im trying to find out what  you guys think is a good rate to pay my worker to run my machine?  like how much per load for cutting pulp wood and how much a load for cutting  log timber with it ?

chevytaHOE5674

I ran a JD hotsaw feller buncher a number of years ago and was paid by the hour. My boss found that if he paid based on volume produced that guys would abuse the machine just to make a couple extra bucks.

timberjack97

thanks for the reply what  did he pay you and hour ? if you dont mind me asling thanks

Bobus2003

i'm $20/hr no matter if i'm running Timbco, Skidder, or Delimber

Meadows Miller

Gday

I was on $30 an hr on a 320 Cat with a Waratah 26HTH Harvester head when I was on it but was making $400+ a day as a Manual Faller in the Bush for the same Logger Mate  ;)

that being said $20 an hr sounds a good rate for the USA as everything is abit different here with the cost of living  compaired to Australia :)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

chevytaHOE5674

I was making about 15 an hour a couple years back.

timberjack97

my worker said he would pay for the bar and  chain oil and the bars and chain for my timbco  and he thought 140  per load for  cutting  saw timber  and 100 a load for cutting  pulpwood was fair and that also  includes the toping of the treess  what do you guys think of that?

Bobus2003

Has he ever had to buy a Bar and Chain for the Timbco? They arn't cheap. I'd say it sounds fair, Mainly its gonna come down to if you and him are happy with it and can make it work.

timberjack97

yea he  has bought them before  i just thought that mightbe to much to pay him

MDLogging

Sounds like a plenty to me.  How often do you wear out or bend bars?  We run hot saws and need new teeth every few months if we dnt hit any metal or stones.  Going rate for cutting and topping with a saw is about 60 a load (25 ton to a load). 

timberjack97

thanks  for the answer  up until  i  bought my machine i he has his own  chain saw  and  i paid him  100 a load to cut saw timber and  7 dollars a ton to cut pulpwood  what do you think of that?

timberjack97

what should i pay my worker to run my timbco  per load  ?

log cutter

How much experiences do he have running a timbco?
Timbco 475E

timberjack97

snowstorm

Quote from: timberjack97 on May 27, 2012, 12:07:19 PM
yea he  has bought them before  i just thought that mightbe to much to pay him
?
didnt a timco head use 3/4 pitch bar chain? how much is a bar? $300? all it takes is not much to bend one. you should be asking yourself is how much can i afford to pay him and how much will he make me. what ever the mill offers is usually just a bit less than what it will cost you to get it out. what state are you in??

snowstorm

Bobus2003

Quote from: snowstorm on May 27, 2012, 09:08:47 PM
Quote from: timberjack97 on May 27, 2012, 09:04:06 PM
not much about 2 months
sounds to me like he is already the boss

Paying $285 a Bar and $55 a chain for the Delimber and Just over $300 a bar for the timbco (Bigger Bar) chains cost about the same for me. I bent many bars (prolly a dozen, but i get them straightened) before i got good at the timbco, and every now and then i still bend one

Thank You Sponsors!