iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

working on the mill again

Started by lyle niemi, May 26, 2012, 08:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lyle niemi

Farming is all done and the weather is nice. I spent part of the day building this powered roller at the end of the conveyor to push the lumber on my two way tilt table, of coarse I used some more parts off the ol combine lol Im hopin its gonna work!!

bandmiller2

Why is it when I think of Lyle I think of the energizer bunny.Hang in there mate,its like building a tree house when you were a kid, the build is the best part. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

lyle niemi

Quote from: bandmiller2 on May 27, 2012, 07:39:13 AM
Why is it when I think of Lyle I think of the energizer bunny.Hang in there mate,its like building a tree house when you were a kid, the build is the best part. Frank C.
I agree, build things can be fun, a lttle fustrating at times but fun... PS bought some paint yesterday, John deere green so ya know whats gonna happen soon!

Indiana Robinson

I love this kind of thinking!
I have a friend with a custom millwork shop in an old formerly water powered grist mill that builds a good bit of his own equipment. He often uses drive parts form old lawn tractors for feed drives on things for the changeable speeds. Some of the hydrostatic drives should be useful.
I like visiting him just to see what he is doing next (and always watching for an idea to steal  ;D).

Lifetime farmer.
Lifetime sawdust lover.
Old Tractor lover.
Have worn a lot of hats.
Once owned a Kasco mill that would saw a 30"x24' log. Now a new little LT-10 Woodmizer for my own lumber.
And yes, my woodshop is seriously infested with Shopsmiths.
Old geezer trying hard not to be one. :-)

Thank You Sponsors!