iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Terribly Sad Day

Started by JV, May 25, 2012, 09:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JV

This morning I had to do the most painful, gut-wrenching thing I have ever done.  We buried the love of my life and high school sweetheart of 50 years who was also my wife of 46 years.  She supported me in all my projects including the new shop.  She had some medical problems but nothing to indicate this.  I was holding her while she was having a problem breathing, something I had done before with no problem.  Things drastically went critical and CPR had no effect.    Watching someone you dearly love slip away and nothing you are doing works is the most agonizing, heartbreaking, empty feeling you can ever imagine.  It will take a long time for the tears and grief to subside even minutely but I have the support of family and friends.  She never met a stranger and had a myriad of friends.  She had made reservations at a B&B to stay in while we attended the hog roast this year.  She was looking forward to it.  I have many good memories to sustain me.  Thanks for letting me talk it out, it offers some relief.
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

POSTON WIDEHEAD

When I went through a bad time, you guys prayed for me and others.Your prayers worked. And now I am praying for you and your family.
Like I have said before, you have never lost someone if you know where they are.
God is with you John.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

fishpharmer

JV, nothing I can say will ease your pain.  My heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

WDH

Oh No!  This is such sad news.  I really enjoyed talking with her at the Pig Roast.  I cannot begin to express how sorry I am to hear this.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

JV, I know there is nothing I can say to lesson your grief, but Tammy and I always looked forward to having you and your wife at our home. We missed you last year. I am so sorry to hear this.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bogue Chitto

We pray for you JV.    Sorry for your great loss.  God will take care of her. 

bama20a

Very sorry to hear of your lost,Prays will be sent from this family. Mark,,,
It is better to ask forgiveness than permission

Chuck White

John; Please know that we are praying and thinking of you and your family in your time of sorrow.

God will care for her now!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Clam77

Very sorry for your loss John.  Many prayers to you and your family.   
Andy

Stihl 009, 028, 038, 041, MS362
Mac 1-40, 3-25

beenthere

News as this makes me sad, and our prayers for you will be immediate. Thank you for letting us know, as difficult as that has to be.
Will be thinking of you.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Dan_Shade

So sorry to hear this, John. 
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

mrcaptainbob

So sorry to hear of your loss, John. Prayers and condolences to you and your family....

Bill Gaiche

Oh man what a sad day. I pray that you will find relief from sorrow and pain in all the good things that she brought to you. bg

DanG

My screen suddenly turned very blurry when I read that, John.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

sawguy21

John, words do not adequately express my sadness. My thoughts are with you.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

barbender

So, so sorry to hear of your loss. That's all I can really say, and that you will be in my prayers.
Too many irons in the fire

Roxie

There are no words...you have my deepest sympathy. 
Say when

thecfarm

I'm so sorry to hear of such bad news. We are all here for you.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Howdy

I am touched by your words and am feeling a deep sadness for you even though we have never met.  Nothing can ease the pain yet I thank you for sharing.   I will keep you in my thought and prayers. 

ellmoe

John, I am extremely sorry for your loss. Words are inadequate.

Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Autocar

So sorry to hear about your wife passing our prayers will be with you in the days to come
Bill

tcsmpsi

\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

JV

Thank you all for your kind comments and prayers.  Each morning is a challenge, but I try to think of one happy moment with her and it helps.  She was an avid read of the Forum and would ask me if I had read this or that post.  She enjoyed going to forestry seminars and just being in the woods.

A young lady from Germany moved here and started a small bakery in her home making delicious breads and pastries.  My wife became friends with her quickly and when she talked  of opening a shop downtown, my wife supported her.  Connie posted comments on Facebook about my wife Jane being her biggest cheerleader.  I stopped at the shop and she gave me a tearful hug and commented how special my wife was to her.  Moments like this sustain me.  Again, thank you all.
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

Texas Ranger

Nothing I can say, prayers for you.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Buck

Prayers of comfort for you JV.
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Thank You Sponsors!