iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forestry Forum Format?

Started by Jeff, February 28, 2004, 02:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I have a notion on doing something but I want to make sure its not going to be to problematic for you folks. Its a fairly simple formatting change to bring in the newer forum logo that has the sun behind it. Rather then being above the sponsors, I would move it up the the top left corner. The menu at the top would also be changed to make room for the logo at the top. I would not be soing anything with the way the forum itaself is layed out. The only change to the left after moving the logo up, would be the sponsors move up to take the space.

I know some of you guys hate change. Tom in particular. ;)  Anyway, I would like some comments. I plan on backing up the format as it is now in case what I would try really sucks, so we could jump right back.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Fla._Deadheader

Try it. Can't hurt too bad, Huh ::) :D :D :D

While yer at it, under forums, at the top of the page, didja ever add the Drying and processing to the list???  Last time I looked, it was NOT there???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Jeff

Nope, ya know I never did. There are a couple other ones there missing too.

Kevin_H.

Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

dutchman

You've done a good job so far, keep up the great work.
As for change, that's what you do when you make lumber from logs.

dutchman

Jeff

O.K., I gotta leave this in mid stream or get thumped. :-/ ;D :D

ADfields

Looks good but how about a wood grain background in the new box.   Like it's a wood plaque.   I also like how it moved the
"Good Evening ADfields, it is 02/28/04 at 19:00:53
you have 20 messages, 0 are new."
stuff up off that bar.  
Andy

Corley5

Looks good to me.  I thought something was different when I logged in ;)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

redpowerd

looks great, but what i REALLY want is fla.deadheaders calvin to spin a bit faster ;D
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Fla._Deadheader

First, it is ridiculed;

DanG

Nice job, Jeff.  Look's nice. :)

Hey, ADFields!  If your header is sayin' you got 20 messages, you're maxed out. I don't think you'll get any more until you delete some. :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

isawlogs

Looks good , it will give you room for more sponsors... ;) :) :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Tom

It sure has made the page light and bright. :)

ADfields

QuoteNice job, Jeff.  Look's nice. :)

Hey, ADFields!  If your header is sayin' you got 20 messages, you're maxed out. I don't think you'll get any more until you delete some. :D

Na, it's auto-magic. ;)   It tells me when I get a new one by saying "you had 21 and the oldest will be deleted, OK?" or something like that.   Been working fine for over a year now. ::)
Andy

Frickman

If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

redpowerd

ok, now hes spinnin too fast ;Dcant catch him ???

do you plan on droppin your toolbar or whatever down a bit so its top is level with the top of the FF logo? as it is now it sits flush with the extreme top of the page. just a thought.

i like how you got all the boards crammed in there. nice!

i was checking out the nostalgic side of the forum in the archives. its nice to get DEEP into the forum, when i was but a twinkle....
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

Jeff

I'm going to do sumpthin with that menu, I just aint figured out what. I dont like it.

Fla._Deadheader

It's lookin better.  There's an empty spot on the right side. Could ya stack the middle parts in 3 lines, to balance the page? That would leave room in the upper right for something new??

Just a suggestion, you da man ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Jeff

Considering on doing sumpthin for yooze guys up there. Moving up the link for find a sawyer-logger-forester??

Kevin_H.

yea, I'm thinking the FF logo on the left and a big OutBack WoodShop logo on the right ;D

I'll check and see if I have that in the budget... :D
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Jeff

Bring me a full size fully restored duplicate of dat truck in your user pic and I'll do it. ;D

Fla._Deadheader

Yeah, the "Find-A" box might work. Not as big as the FF Logo, but, I ain't no Ar-teest ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Kevin_H.

How big do ya need the pic?  ;D

Gloss or matte finish?

Dad tells me that truck is atleast 3 or 4 different vehicals made into one. So I'm thinking it was one of a kind

I think johnny cash sang a song about a car that was made like that. :D

Percy

Im really likin the new page finder and the "all" thing too. In the last little while I noticed its easier to read, like the print is a tad larger. Evolvin like a good story/sawmill/gonkulator armature :D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

redpowerd

im thinkin more of a "veneer" theme. mabie some chrome around the borders. how bout a mouse trail of sawdust, that would really set the mood.

id like to see a bright campfire in the corner where everyone can come in and throw a log on. anything to slow my day/pc down ;)

anyway, ho hum, ill tolerate the forum as it is, ::)
a woodsmans friend ;)
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

Thank You Sponsors!