iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A pepper revelation today

Started by Nomad, May 22, 2012, 05:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad

A couple of hours ago a friend of mine gave me some fresh datil peppers.  I minced a couple to put into some leftovers I'm planning for supper tonight.
     Never, ever, EVER mince datil peppers and later go to the bathroom without washing your hands first!!!
     Stupid, Stupid, Stupid! :o
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

WH_Conley

My sil spent 1 1/2 hour in the shower for that.
Bill

Bogue Chitto

Dan_Shade

that's a good way to test if you're still alive
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

bugdust

Quote from: Dan_Shade on May 22, 2012, 06:10:42 PM
that's a good way to test if you're still alive

I take you are still very much alive.   smiley_old_guy
Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

sandhills

Just grin and bear it.......Yeah right.  ;)

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Norm

They say milk neutralizes the capaicin, might try soaking the afflicted area in some.  :o

bandmiller2

I's say you had the hots. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

ely

i knew that was coming radier bill, just didnt know from where? :o

doctorb

I know we are dealing with a "sensative" area here, I would just like to add that I wiped my eyes once after chopping them and I thought I would go blind.  I have a small box of examining gloves that I use whenever I am asked to prep them.  This is the kind of learning experience you won't repeat.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

blackfoot griz

I did the same thing Doc...not fun. We always have a box of exam gloves handy.

A few years back, a good friend of mine got up in the middle of the night to put some eyedrops in his eyes. Instead of the prescription eyedrops, he used super glue. He tried to wipe out the super glue with his hand and his index finger got glued to his right eyelid and there it remained until his wife got him to the ER.

Fortunately, he came out of it without any permanent damage.  A few weeks after the incident I was at his house and the news was on TV.  The subject was about the controversial "waterboarding" of detainees and he hollered at the the TV, "Put super glue in their eyes and they'll talk!"

Nomad

I'm glad y'all got a laugh out of that.  I can grin about it now too.  (wryly.)  I musta been dancing funny on the way to the shower; I'm glad nobody was around to see it.  Last time I came out of a pair of pants that fast I think I was about 17.
     Doc, I know what you mean about getting it in your eyes.  I did it once after eating hot wings.  Not funny at all.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Taylortractornut

I worked with a  part time preacher one time.  He was sorta prudish and didnt  cut up with  us heathens.     I had brought a  few peppers from home  and he   cut a few to go in his  soup and  after lunch he went to the   plastic house.      He came out a bit funny acting and ancy.     He walked behind my loader to the water cooler on the cat walk and  poured about half of it down his trousers.    He ended up with the title the  Peppered (deleted by Admin) preacher.  I told him that milk will neutralize the pepper.   I had a half gallon in the coller and gave it to him.    After that he  cut up with us.       

My pepper incident was bad.   I dont like chemicals on  my gardens.   I make a mixture of ground peppers and water mixed and put into a spray rig and coat the plants for pest control.    I was  putting mine out and  the wind blew  back over the tractor into my eyes.        I killed the tractor and  got to the  house.  I would have rubbed a dog turd in my eyes  if it would have helped.       I did find the five gallon bucket I water the dogs with and   I dunked my head under.       My whole head and arms and hands swelled up.
My overload permit starts after sunset

sawguy21

:D You only do that once. A co worker was working with paint stripper and without thinking reached into his coveralls to scratch. A short time later he got quite agitated and headed to the bunk house, his companion found him in the shower vigorously scrubbing.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Armand Tatro

Don't EVER get shingles in that area!!!  I think I would want to deal with the pepper.  Should go away a lot sooner.  My shingles lasted two weeks.  OUCH!!!!!!   Armand

Thank You Sponsors!