iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help with a 440c John deere skidder

Started by stoneeaglefarm, May 21, 2012, 04:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoneeaglefarm

How do out there. I have 2 440c mid eighties skidders. Love the machines, I am looking for a shaft and u-joint system that runs back to the winch. Also thouhgts on steering columns, One is leaking out the top by steering wheel. I am intending on keeping the machines for many years and just want to know were I can get parts when needed. Thanks. Peter

Bobus2003

my 440 isn't as new as yours but I use JD for most my small parts and i use Schaefer Enterprises of Wolf Lake for my Larger parts (Engine, Hyd Valves ect) Sewlparts.com

MJD

I had a drive shaft (repair) company make one up for me after a yoke broke on mine, if you go this route make sure its not to long or when articulating it could do alot of damage, mine was to long when I first put it in and needed to have it shortend a bit, no damage was done.

grassfed

Those winch drive-shafts, if they are like the 440b are hard to find and very expensive I think that the best bet is to have one made.
Mike

David-L

Try PBH Equipment in Antrim,NH. These guys are good JD resource and can ship to you and know what there talking about.
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

Thank You Sponsors!