iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Liquid dishwasher soap for tree spray

Started by aquacanis, May 18, 2012, 09:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aquacanis

I have heard that some folks use liquid dishwasher soap exclusively as an apple tree spray and grow great apples using it.  Never really seen it, just heard it.  Is this
true?  I have heard Dawn is the best.

ely

not sure on that, but i have killed cedar trees by spraying them with a mixture of water, vinegar,dawn dishsoap.
also kills fireants and wasps.

Ianab

Heard of it used as a treatment for Aphids on Roses. Soap kills them without resorting to more dangerous chemicals. Might do the same for pests that attack apples?

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

ArborJake

Careful spraying anything on the leaves. If you clog the stomata "pores" in the leaves you'll do some harm rather than good.
thick and thin lumber company. qaulity manufacturer of saw dust and slab wood.

g_man

I use a water and dish soap mixture on tent catapilar nests in my apple and cherry trees. But I just apply it to the crotch the nest is in.

rocksnstumps

Heard the same thing from a forester this weekend at a forestry field day on a local property about using dishsoap/water to take out gypsy moth caterpillars. Another version was to mash up some of the caterpillars and put in cheesecloth and soak in water to make a mixture to spray on the critters. Something on the inside getting on the outside takes 'em out. Not sure if works for fruit pests

Den Socling

Well, I guess it doesn't matter to me anymore. I just went to check a dwarf apple in the front yard and found a deer there for the umpteenth time. She has eaten most of the apples and many of the branches.  And she broke branches trying to get higher. The woods are lush around here. Why would this SOB single out my tree? I feel like eating some venison.  >:(

Cypressstump

Quote from: ely on May 18, 2012, 11:11:38 AM
also kills fireants and wasps.

It will also take the itch from posion ivy, my uncle who is an amputee( lost right hand) developed an itch on his numb. It has a medical term, but I have forgotten... but the itch is extremely painful. While he was complaining and scratching away at it saying he was out of his treatment ointment, I grabbed the numb and slopped some blue dawn on it, told him to shut up...  ;D  Before he got finished chewing me out for the soap, the itch had gone away. He then went and stocked up on it. ;D

It also will be one of the best glass cleaners you'll find. Used on a spoapy rag, then wipped dry with clean rag, it will give you a cleaner glass than windex.
Stump

Timberking 1220 25hp w/extensions -hard mounted
Case 586E 6k forklift
2001 F350 4X4,Arctic Cat 500 4 wheeler wagon hauler
Makita 6401 34",4800 Echo 20"er, and a professional 18" Poulan PRO , gotta be a 'pro' cuz it says so rite there on tha' saw..

ely

den, try injecting 32 grains of lead right behind the ear on that pesky animal..... wont lose any food due to tissue damage.

Den Socling

beenthere

Quote from: Cypressstump on May 23, 2012, 03:33:37 PM
.........It will also take the itch from posion ivy, my uncle who is an amputee( lost right hand) developed an itch on his numb. It has a medical term, but I have forgotten... but the itch is extremely painful. While he was complaining and scratching away at it saying he was out of his treatment ointment, I grabbed the numb and slopped some blue dawn on it, told him to shut up...  ;D  Before he got finished chewing me out for the soap, the itch had gone away. He then went and stocked up on it. ;D

Fill me in... what is a numb ??  the medical term for 'feeling' in a lost limb?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Cypressstump

opps,, meant to type nubb, as the remaining stump from amputation.

Stump

Timberking 1220 25hp w/extensions -hard mounted
Case 586E 6k forklift
2001 F350 4X4,Arctic Cat 500 4 wheeler wagon hauler
Makita 6401 34",4800 Echo 20"er, and a professional 18" Poulan PRO , gotta be a 'pro' cuz it says so rite there on tha' saw..

Thank You Sponsors!