iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hurry, Circle Saw Teeth

Started by shopteacher, February 28, 2004, 04:17:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shopteacher

Seen these today on ebay. Seems like a good opportunity for someone with a circle saw if they will fit your blade.
BF 8/9 9/32 Standall SI Chrome teeth. 100 in the box ,  Brand New.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2598157374&category=42937
must be circle saw teeth day, here's another one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2598158326&category=42937
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Fla._Deadheader

Bro. Noble, what size teeth and shanks do you have on the Corley Edger???

The one we just bought has a few missing and I can't remember what size they were on the one I had in Ar.???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Jeff

We dont use standalls or carbides. I think we are paying right around $100 a box for regulars. I got a box of standalls here at the house I have had for 10 years.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

shopteacher

Well, I just report them, no reccomentations attached.  Wish my bandsaw had replaceable teeth. Just yesterday put that brand new, first ever Monkey Saver blade on my saw to try it out and wouldn't know it, cut right through one of those cut flooring nails. Blade is still cuttng, although its leaving some pretty big marks form the big burr that the teeth have on one side. To bad, cause I really didn't get a chance to find out how well they cut. Wanted to get back to Dave with a good report on his blades, but will have to wait till I get some more.

Fla._Deadheader

Glenn, with your injunuity, you could put the corner back on those FEW teeth that are messing up the cut. Didja scrape off the nail from the inside of the teeth???

Betcha there is only a few damaged teeth. Got a small mike??? ;D ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

shopteacher

Harold, I didn't get a chance to inspect it very well after hitting the nail as it was almost dark.  I'll propbably pull it of today and examine it better.  I had cut about 6 slices off a spruce log before flipping it and thats when I run into the nail.  The blade went through that 24" pine nice and easy without any deviations up or down so I think I'm going to like them blades.  I have cams for the woodmizer blade and the Timberwolf blade so I'll have to see how well the'll match the profile on the MS blade. Do you know if Kenne-Saw has a cam for that blade?

Fla._Deadheader

It's easier to remove the shavings while the blade is still on the mill. Would probably be easier to put a file on there also???  

I believe Cook's has a cam for their sharpener, $60.00 or so. What sharpener ya got???
   First, it is ridiculed;

shopteacher

I have a woodmiser sharpener and setter.
  Have you found anything to start your vac kiln?  I can't find a tank that I think will work yet.  The rest I think will come pretty easy.

Fla._Deadheader

Not yet. All I can find are these DanG 25' reefer boxes, for $350.00 ::) ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Dugsaws

Teach,
 I have the cooks sharpener and use the simonds blades and the simonds blades have very similar tooth geometery, couldnt tell the difference if yuo would I can be any help let me know

Doug
Doug

shopteacher

Doug,
   There's been a guy selling red streak blades on ebay. Says he uses them once till dull then has been auctioning them off. Today he had 20 new redstreak for auction.  You might check him out.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2598161925&category=57124
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2598441345&category=42937

Frickman

Thanks for the link shopteacher. Those would fit our mill, but we use some locally manufactured carbide bits.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

Dugsaws

Thanks for the link Glenn, that is a good deal, because I usuall get 5 or  6 sharpenings from them, but the only problem is they are only 13'2  and my blades are 15'8, :'( , wish I could use them :'(
Doug

shopteacher

Ya Dug, I should have bid on them they sold for 40.55 just forgot to go back before it was to late. Ordered a dozen monkey savers today, so that should get thru a dozen logs at least. DanG hardware.  Boy you couldn't ask for a nicer day here. Sunshine light breeze and warm air. I love it.  Stopped by the junkyard on the way home from school and picked up 3 - 220 volt fans, two complete wiring boxes with components  from some big carrier air cond. units, 3 wooden crates, some flexable conduit and 2 -  4 foot finned heat exchangers for hot water. Total come to 32.00.  Junkyard my favorite place to shop.  Them city folk can have them mauls!

Thank You Sponsors!