iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What we have been building

Started by moosehunter, May 16, 2012, 08:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moosehunter

This project started 3 years ago when I cut and notched the floor beams from hemlock. 8x8 perimiter beams, 4x6 floor joists. Fast forward to last fall we set the Sono tubes and poured concrete, put the floor down and the studs up for the walls. This spring we set the beams, 6x8 center and 4x6 side for the roof system. Last weekend we put the tonge & groove ceiling boards up. The 26th is planned for the insulation and metal roof.

The last pic is from the back showing the pond. When we build the house it will be to the left of this pic facing the pond. If you are in the nieghborhood and want to help on the 26th I'll promise some good food when we are done ;D
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Andrew Lawrence

Nice spot    I try to pick projects I can complete in a short time period. How do you stay on task for three years?
Lawrence Lot Clearing Logging                            To God be the glory

isawlogs

Might be he takes on one small task at a time  :D :)

Nice place to be at ! 8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

thecfarm

Looks good. Is this a place to stay until the house is done?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

moosehunter

It is not the place to stay until the house is done, but it is a place to stay while the house s being built. It will be a guest cabin when the house is done.
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Magicman

Looks nice and I love the setting.

I completely understand the delay.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Sprucegum

8) I sure like that ceiling look, nice job.

bedway

Dang moosehunter id love to help. Get me a recliner and a megaphone and ill supervise. But you guys will have to hammer quietly so you dont disturb my afternoon power nap. ;D

clww

Wish I was closer! I'd drop by and help you out.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

DeerMeadowFarm

Looks good so far; keep up the good work!

Thank You Sponsors!