iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Starvation Problem with WM Diesel

Started by just_sawing, May 15, 2012, 08:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

just_sawing

Been troubleshoot a problem with my WM.
Runs fine then straves down with a obivious lack of fuel. Changed the Fuel filter cleaned the bowl and screen and still had a problem.
I have filter fuel and have been scratching my head. It finally occured to me that when I pumped the fuel bulb the bulb did not inflate quickly.
This is what I found out. Like alot of people I don't remove the tank trying not to break a brittle fuel tank. The tank outlet quick disconnect had an obstrution and that was where the problem can from. I blew out the quick disconnect backwards and all is well. The tell tell answer was the the bulb on the fuel line when squezzed it stayed collasped due to the line stopped up. If this happens to you maybe you can gain from my problem.
You can follow me at
www.http://haneyfamilysawmill.com

T Welsh

I had the same problem last year with my LT40. Mine is a gasser so I ripped the carb off it and cleaned it and problem still existed,bought a new fuel pump and still starved for fuel, blew the lines out and removed the siphon spout in the tank and cleaned the screen and still the problem of starving fuel, until I did the same as you,noticed the primer bulb was not releasing as quick as normal. went to a boat store and bought a primer bulb and it was the check valve in the bulb. as soon as I replaced it,it ran fine. Tim

cypresskayaksllc

I had a similar problem. Mine was a pin hole in the fuel line.
LT40HDDR, JD950FEL, Weimaraner

Thank You Sponsors!