iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Can you ever get rid of mice?

Started by scgargoyle, May 10, 2012, 06:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvmexfood

Well one or more has taken up residence in the cab of my pickup. Usually keep a roll of paper towels in all my vehicles. A carryover from having small children. Found the roll shredded and pieces everywhere. Guess it's time for a snap trap.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

millwright

One thing I found is that they don't like WD-40. I spray it around where they cause problems in the barn. But the best way is lots of cats

reelman65

i've some decent results with ultra sonic for bats
75 Acres of hardwoods that i want to try to optimize for HW growth, health and habitat. Also interested in creating a few small stands of fruit/nut trees and sample of different native species

Al_Smith

They say they use Blue Streak fly bait mixed with Pepsi Cola to dispatch coons .If it will get a coon a mouse doesn't stand a chance . I wouldn't use it around a cat or dog though ,could be bad .

DavidAserit

WD40 indeed does work well, but the smell with a lot of it sprayed can be awful.

coxy

I have a few in the log truck one always jumps off the dog house and under my feet as soon as I make the turn out the drive way scares crap out me think id be use to by now  but ill try the wd 40 trick

sandhills

Coxy, Fred always jumps out of the cup holder on the dog house straight to the dash directly in front of me, the defrost vent can't be 1/2" wide and there's one little spot where the screen in it is broke out, that's where he goes.  I was hauling grain one time down the ridge road (they named it that for a reason) and had one fall out of the headliner, landed on my leg, jumped and ran up my arm, I almost piled up 1000 bushel of corn on that one.  By the way it didn't get named Fred I'd be banned to the woodshed forever if I told you it's name. 

luvmexfood

Four days with a snap trap baited with pbutter. Nothing. Have the snap trap on the floor in the cab. One thing interesting I have bounced around on the farm with the trap set and it still hasn't triggered.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

coxy

Quote from: sandhills on August 21, 2017, 09:18:55 AM
Coxy, Fred always jumps out of the cup holder on the dog house straight to the dash directly in front of me, the defrost vent can't be 1/2" wide and there's one little spot where the screen in it is broke out, that's where he goes.  I was hauling grain one time down the ridge road (they named it that for a reason) and had one fall out of the headliner, landed on my leg, jumped and ran up my arm, I almost piled up 1000 bushel of corn on that one.  By the way it didn't get named Fred I'd be banned to the woodshed forever if I told you it's name.
I here you on the name thing :D   my dad used a small blue block of some kind of poison it worked real well till the they got in the heater duct and died  :o he left the truck run almost all day with the heater on high to try and get the smell out after that he said ill deal with them jumping around in the cab  :D

Southside

Chickens - AKA Barnyard Buzzards - the best DanG mousers ever.  They will outrun a cat to get a mouse, then the flock will chase each other around stealing the thing from one another.  Pure, redneck entertainment!!    The broilers will even swallow the things whole - one gulp, that gave the wife the heebie jeebies!!  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

florida

My son had a terrible mouse problem in his house in Colorado. We got 6 of these traps, set them around the base of the house and in 3 days the traps were packed solid with living and dead mice. After that he would only catch a couple of them a week. It's a great trap as it's cheap and keeps catching mice for weeks or months.

Robot Check
General contractor and carpenter for 50 years.
Retired now!

tawilson

Quote from: florida on February 22, 2018, 07:54:05 AM
My son had a terrible mouse problem in his house in Colorado. We got 6 of these traps, set them around the base of the house and in 3 days the traps were packed solid with living and dead mice. After that he would only catch a couple of them a week. It's a great trap as it's cheap and keeps catching mice for weeks or months.

Robot Check
Okay just ordered 3. Sticky traps don't seem to work this year. Dunno why.
Tom
2017 LT40HDG35 WIDE
BMS250 and BMT250 sharpener/setter
Woodmaster 725

petefrom bearswamp

I use 2 different types of spring traps, the conventional and the new plastic easy set ones, sticky traps and Adirondack 5 gal bucket.
It thins them out but they always come back.
Have caught 48 so far this yr.
None in 2 weeks tho.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Thank You Sponsors!