iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Finally talked myself into....

Started by Chuck White, May 09, 2012, 09:15:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

Getting an all-in-one hardhat, face shield & ear protectors.

After getting it and using it for a while it became very obvious that stuff had previously been hitting me in the face and neck area.

Now I from time to time hear small chips of bark, etc pinging off of the face screen.

Nice.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

I am enjoying appreciating mine.

Bob is in your area.  Are you having a WM service done this year?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

barbender

My debarker "mudflap" is not quite right, so the debarker will really fire a knot or chip at me once in a while. I always wear safety glasses, but not my saw helmet. When a knot hits my face I think I should have my face shield on ::)
Too many irons in the fire

Magicman

I finally replaced my flap this year.  It was very obvious very quickly that I should have done it years sooner.  It was that much difference.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

Not getting WM service this year, maybe in another couple of years!

Depends on the hours, right now I'm just over 1,650hrs.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

I agree.  I probably should have gotten one this year, but pushed it.  I could do it all myself, but Bob has any necessary replacement parts on the truck, and he always sees stuff that I may miss.

thecfarm

That hardhat with the face shield is a good idea. I prefer ear plugs just because they are cooler. I do wear my safety glasses,but I can see where the shield would be better. May buy one just for the sawmill. Have to stop into Labonville to check it out.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

Just took a little "getting used to", but it is actually quite comfortable.

Might be too hot when the really hot weather gets here!  We'll see!

Magicman

Too hot for me when it gets hot, but it's nice when it is not.

Raphael

I've got a Lexan face shield I use while milling.  I find it's a bit cooler than my full helmet and face screen, I figure I'm at no great risk of falling objects out in the field where I do most of my milling.  Unless said object came out of the backside of a passing bird. ;)
... he was middle aged,
and the truth hit him like a man with no parachute.
--Godley & Creme

Stihl 066, MS 362 C-M & 24+ feet of Logosol M7 mill

Thank You Sponsors!