iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

100th post; thought I'd share some news

Started by JohnM, May 08, 2012, 01:28:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnM

My wife and I got a bit of surprise this winter.  We are expecting!  Not exactly part of the 'plan' but we're pretty psyched.  One reason we're happy about it is that it's a girl!  We have two boys (10&7) and my brother has 3 boys, so this is a first for my side of the family.  Plus it's a big bonus for my wife to have some girl energy finally, even the dog and cat are boys (the hens don't count :)). 

It's also a bitter sweet thing for me and my side of the family as the little one will be named after my sister, who passed away from cancer (1975) a few weeks before her 12th birthday and my 5th (not the same bdays but just a couple of weeks apart).  I was 'her baby' and I've always wanted a little girl (even before I met my wife) and wanted to name her after my sister.  We had the two boys and I/we thought we were done and I was 'ok' with not having a girl.  Proves that life really is what happens when you're making plans.  ;)

I'm going to hold off saying the name for now (is it kind of like not mentioning a no hitter? :)).  She is due mid Sept and all the tests, ultrasounds, etc etc look good and we couldn't be happier. 8)

Now it's just down to who gets here first, my little girl or my mill. ;D  (insider info: go with the girl)

Just thought I'd share. :)

JM
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

Patty

Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Magicman

Congratulations on your 100th, but more especially on the upcoming event.  It sounds like your name choice is completing a circle which is a wonderful tribute.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

beenthere

That's exciting, especially for YOUR family.   ;) ;) :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Autocar

Bill

Cedarman

Hey, congratulations, new kids are great.  You even have built in baby sitters too in a few years.  The older ones can be a great help.   Know from experience.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Ianab

That's good news ;D

Our 2nd daughter was born last week, and should be home tomorrow so I know exactly how you are going to feel  :)

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

doctorb

Well, in honor of your 100th post, I think that a boy named Jeff might have been appropriate. :D  But, since she's a she....plain old congratulations are in order!
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Chuck White

Definately, congratulations are in order!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

samandothers

Congratulations that is fantastic news!

I know what you mean about the girls.  I was one of 3 boys.  My 2 older brothers had all boys, one had 3 the other 2.  Our first was a boy.  Then the girl happened.  8) It is a great feeling!  But gee girls are they different!   ::)

thecfarm

Congrats on the baby girl. Shoot for Sept 4th,that's my birthday. The sawmill will still be there. I'm sawing. Come on over and I'll let you run mine.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

WDH

Wow, that is fantastic news!  I ended up with three girls, so I do most of sawing alone  :)

Start saving your money, now  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Bill Gaiche

Congrats on the new one on the way. May your stocking have WM gift certificate in it. bg

Clam77

Congrats John!!  We all look forward to many happy-times pictures to come!!    ;)
Andy

Stihl 009, 028, 038, 041, MS362
Mac 1-40, 3-25

JohnM

Thanks all!  Like I said, we're pretty excited.  Thought I was done with diapers til I needed them.  ;)  As you say Cedarman, we've got built in help, between this and the woodpile these little boys will be little men soon enough.  Ian, thanks now I don't feel 'as' old. ;) :D  (Why was she in the hospital so long?)  Cfarm, I like that idea but with house projects and trying to get the garden in the next couple of months are gonna be tight.  Will let you know when/if I can get down there though, I'd like to see the WM shop too while I'm there.

Speaking of travel, every time we have a kid we have to go on a loooong road trip to Atlanta.  Sara's mother along with several other in-laws are down there.  Likely sometime in Nov we'll be making our way down I95/81/77/85 and back up I20/95 visiting friends and family along the way.  Hoping for a 'side trip' to our old stomping grounds in Asheville, too.  So if anyone wants to show off their mill that's near by just let me know.  :)  (Honestly, we won't have time but maybe a quick lunch meet & greet.  :D)

Again, thanks for the well wishes.

JM
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

WildDog

Great news John, congratulations. 8)

We have 3 boys and a 20 month old girl, when Nicky went for the ultrasound I was expecting the usual, "I'm pretty sure its a boy" instead I couldn't believe it when the nurse said, "80% sure it's a girl" It has been great, a little daughter surely softens a dad. :) 
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

Ianab

QuoteIan, thanks now I don't feel 'as' old.    (Why was she in the hospital so long?)

No serious problems, they just had some trouble getting her to feed properly, and Lil was enjoying the holiday I think. The local maternity "hospital" is more like a motel type annex at the back of the retirement home / hospital. They usually just have a single nurse on duty, and the midwives call in and check on the Mums as needed. When I picked up Lil there today she was the only patient. The nurse on duty shut the doors and went home after we left :D Will come back in and open up when next Mum goes into labour.   

So Taylor is home now, still fussing with her feeding, but we are handling it. Might loose a bit of sleep over the next few weeks, but that's to be expected.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

JohnM

Quote from: Ianab on May 09, 2012, 05:36:27 AM
So Taylor is home now, still fussing with her feeding, but we are handling it. Might loose a bit of sleep over the next few weeks, but that's to be expected.

Glad she's doing ok, sounds like a very different system than what we have here.  Sleep is overrated anyway. ;) 

Sara and the baby will be in the hospital for 2-3 days after a scheduled C-section.  I say scheduled because our two boys were UN-scheduled C's after two failed home births.  (sorry if this is TMI)  She's a bit of a hippy-type as am I guess but I still like my guns and she gets mad at me when I don't get a deer, so go figure.  Maybe 'homesteaders' is a better term. :D

Wilddog, that's quite a crowd.
Quote from: WildDog on May 09, 2012, 03:50:24 AM
...a little daughter surely softens a dad. :) 
I know what you mean, it's already started.  Maybe I should have said in the op that it's a race of what gets here first, the girl, my mill or her pony. ::) :D

JM

davidlarson

Wonderful news about the little girl.  I was lucky enough to have one of each, and my daughter had two boys. 
I think I remember a French notion, to the effect that any man can manage to be the father of a boy, but it takes a real man to be a good father for a little girl.  Best of luck.  David L.

JohnM

I know it's an old post but we can't rush Mother Nature can we...

Pamela Sage arrived Monday happy and healthy (well not that happy at first I guess :o).  7lb 4oz and cute as anyone could hope.  Mother and daughter are home recovering and recuperating.  And big brothers are taking turns holding her.  Oldest says he even wants to change diapers...who am I to say NO!  ;)

On a different note...  I must say I was a bit shocked when I went to update this thread and saw that the first person to post a congratulations was 'Patty' and it said 'In Memoriam' under her name.  I haven't been terribly active on here, especially this summer but do check in and feel I know most of the 'regulars'.  So before I wrote this update I looked back and read what happened.  Norm, if you happen to see this all I can say is, I'm very sorry for your loss. 

Between my OP and the 'In Remembrance' page here on the FF is proof positive to the adage 'Life is too short, enjoy it while you can.' 

I'd like to write more but Pam is crying...time to teach someone to change diapers. ;D

John

beenthere

Congrats to you and the family on the new addition.
You are right, that we need to enjoy all we can the short time we are around.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Now we know WHY you haven't been active on here..... :D

Congratulations John, Mom and the rest of the family.

And if the oldest wants to change diapers, don't change his mind.  :)

We're proud of you all!    smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Warbird

thechknhwk

Thank You Sponsors!