iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Any loggers 1 hour south of Syracuse?

Started by MrPete, May 07, 2012, 07:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrPete

I have a coworker who owns approximately 100 acres in that area.  They are looking to have some wood cut and obviously it is too far for me to do it. If your remotely interested please PM me.

xalexjx

what kind of timber and how much? Theres a few of the larger companys up here that will travel
Logging and Processed Firewood

acl2

Whats the name of the town its closest to?

MrPete

OK now that I have some interest, I will find out more.  They have 100 acres they want to clear appr. 3 acres and selective cut some more.  The coworker is the wife, so she does not know much about it.  They live in NJ, I live in Maine and the property is in NY.  So I will need to ask more question or get them to contact someone directly.  Let me talk to her tommorrow and I will get more info.  Thanks Guys!

dgdrls

MRPete,

I have a contact in Northern NY who may travel,
please advise.

Best
DGDrls

jdtuttle

Wagner lumber for hardwoods there pretty good sized. I know a couple loggers if it's a small cut. & if it's white pine I am interested. I live in Candor NY about 1.5 hours south of Suracuse.
jim
Have a great day

petefrom bearswamp

You would be well advised (by me a retired consultant forester) to engage a competent forester to act on your behalf.
The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation in  Cortland NY maintains a list of such cooperating foresters.
(607) 753-3095.
A good one is Robert A. Moore, a fierce competitor when I was in business and an excellent forester.
You can PM me if you want Mr. Moore's Phone #
Pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

ArborJake

You could try Whitemans Lumber company in Portlandville. They are about an hour and a half from Syracuse. Real good guys who have been in buissness for generations. What is the name of the town?
thick and thin lumber company. qaulity manufacturer of saw dust and slab wood.

MrPete

Thank you very much everyone!  I got the landowner in contact with a forester in the area.  It is now out of my hands but I will keep yu posted if they need anyone else.  Thank you again for your help.

Thank You Sponsors!