iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A day cutting wood

Started by Peter Drouin, May 01, 2012, 08:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

Quote from: thecfarm on November 10, 2014, 07:30:28 PM
I betcha in a month it won't do that.   ;D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D No, and you won't see them in the white stuff :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Bruno of NH

Get your long Jon's out for milling this weekend .
Looks like we will need them in NH
Jim/Bruno of NH
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: Peter Drouin on November 03, 2014, 09:13:30 PM
Would you guys call this cherry burls or just a mess? :D :D :D

I'm going to make a $300 bench out of this :D :D :D

With sweep, The (I) on the end is to remind me of Iron in it :D

Looks more like a canker than a burl.

That sweepy ferrocherrry might make a couple of nice live edge fireplace mantles. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Peter Drouin

I put new blades in the edger today. What a job, and the lineup after. Sometimes I wish the blades were two pieces :D
I had to adjust the shaft some.

And move it back.See the nuts and blots.

I use a string to line up the fence.

And John got some claws. :D :D

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Dave Shepard

How much were the new blades? I think I need to do mine. Or maybe I just need to peel a layer or two of crud off my feed rollers. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

WDH

John will be walking in style.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Dave Shepard on December 17, 2014, 10:16:19 PM
How much were the new blades? I think I need to do mine. Or maybe I just need to peel a layer or two of crud off my feed rollers. :D

I bought them last spring. 125.00 each. Was that you that had trouble with tracking using the fence?

Quote from: WDH on December 18, 2014, 07:16:08 AM
John will be walking in style.

Yes, but now I have to be careful not to break the pallets.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

47sawdust

About edger blades-
I sent my WM edger blades to these folks to get re-tipped and the did a superb job.
Mathieu Saw and Tool
Lewiston,Maine
207-783-9087
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Dave Shepard

If I'm just running a board through using both blades, it seems to do just fine. If I have a straight edge against the fence, it walks away, leaving me with a narrow end. Also, one of the blades seems to leave a fuzzy cut once in a while.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Chuck White

I like the new hardware on the front of John.

Nice, don't fall down in between the lugs, so should give great traction.   smiley_thumbsup
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Dave Shepard on December 18, 2014, 03:33:37 PM
If I'm just running a board through using both blades, it seems to do just fine. If I have a straight edge against the fence, it walks away, leaving me with a narrow end. Also, one of the blades seems to leave a fuzzy cut once in a while.

You can move the feed roles some, that will help with tracking. I use a square on them. Square to the body of the edger.  The fuzz is a dull blade, If you look you will see a flat spot on the tooth tip.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

Quote from: 47sawdust on December 18, 2014, 01:37:40 PM
About edger blades-
I sent my WM edger blades to these folks to get re-tipped and the did a superb job.
Mathieu Saw and Tool
Lewiston,Maine
207-783-9087

smiley_thumbsup
A&P saw Mill LLC.

47sawdust

According to WM if the edger isn't level in both directions you won't have good results.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Peter Drouin

Quote from: 47sawdust on December 18, 2014, 07:16:12 PM
According to WM if the edger isn't level in both directions you won't have good results.

True.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

loggah

I you put a straight edge  like a piece of 1/8" angle iron on the out feed side in alignment with your stationary blade it will hold the wood straight as it feeds thru the edger.
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Peter Drouin

Quote from: loggah on December 19, 2014, 07:01:12 PM
I you put a straight edge  like a piece of 1/8" angle iron on the out feed side in alignment with your stationary blade it will hold the wood straight as it feeds thru the edger.

The wood goes away from the fence, so if you did that the board will be ¼ to ½" away from the out feed fence.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

Well, I had time to start finally.

I put a pole at each end, then fill the rest in. :D :D

4 more posts for the other wall, then I can start the roof.  8) 8) 8)
I'm sick Of snow on my wood and my pallets frozen to the ground.

A&P saw Mill LLC.

drobertson

I hear there is ocean front property in Arizona :D  sunny and 75°'s year round ;D  the start looks real good, and I'm with you on the snow,  not a big fan either, Pretty stuff, but a pain to work in,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Dave Shepard

That will be really nice when it's done, Peter. Having everything under cover will pay for the effort in short order.

I'm getting pretty aggravated by the snow, too. I've got a bunch of stuff to edge, and processing my slabs can be a pain when they are all stuck together. I've got my eye on a few W24x94 beams 39' long. Three of those in a row ought to be enough. 8)

thecfarm

Snow is no fun,but the rain at 34° is worse. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Dave Shepard on December 20, 2014, 08:42:26 PM
That will be really nice when it's done, Peter. Having everything under cover will pay for the effort in short order.

I'm getting pretty aggravated by the snow, too. I've got a bunch of stuff to edge, and processing my slabs can be a pain when they are all stuck together. I've got my eye on a few W24x94 beams 39' long. Three of those in a row ought to be enough. 8)

3 39' yeah, I think so. Can you get a good deal on them?
:christmas:

Quote from: thecfarm on December 20, 2014, 09:26:57 PM
Snow is no fun,but the rain at 34° is worse. 

How much snow do you have up there?

Quote from: drobertson on December 20, 2014, 08:32:41 PM
I hear there is ocean front property in Arizona :D  sunny and 75°'s year round ;D  the start looks real good, and I'm with you on the snow,  not a big fan either, Pretty stuff, but a pain to work in,

It is a pain, But you have a nice Mill building for your mill so you can cut in bad weather.  Do you have some? I had 12" but with all the rain, I think 2" now.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Dave Shepard

Yeah, I think I can get a good deal, just tell the guy that owns them to bring me his Lull, so I can unload them, and to go back and get them with his trailer truck. :D I don't know what it would cost in the end, but I'm sure it will be manageable. The next trick will be what I'm going to use for the three posts. There are other shorter pieces of steel there, might see if he has something for that. I'm going to have an ~80' opening, and the rest for the edger bay. Plan is to have another 24' extension some day.

thecfarm

Peter,maybe 3-4 inches,with a crust on it from all the rain. I should be in the woods cutting some trees,but I'm playing with some firewood up by the house.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Hang in there Peter, and keep your head up to keep your nose above the snow  :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Peter Drouin

Quote from: WDH on December 21, 2014, 07:56:21 AM
Hang in there Peter, and keep your head up to keep your nose above the snow  :)

:D :D :D smiley_thumbsup :christmas:
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Thank You Sponsors!