iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A day cutting wood

Started by Peter Drouin, May 01, 2012, 08:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

That bucket will get it done !
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

Peter Drouin

Quote from: 4x4American on October 18, 2017, 07:35:06 PM
How'd she do Peter?

Fills the bucket easily.

cfarm I cut a lot of lumber and that makes a lot of slabs that I chip.
I think I have the whole pile sold.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Florida boy

Been reading this thread for a while now and i just have to say that your setup is awesome! I would love to be at your level one day. But I've got a lot to learn and equipment to aquire  before that ever happens😂

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Florida boy on October 18, 2017, 09:02:33 PM
Been reading this thread for a while now and i just have to say that your setup is awesome! I would love to be at your level one day. But I've got a lot to learn and equipment to aquire  before that ever happens😂

Thanks, The equipment thing goes on and on. Look at 4x4, two mills. Yellow hammer buying all the time ,two kilns a new tractor a cat fork lift and a new building Customsawer with two 70s and a new kiln. Bruno wants a WIDE mill too, He just bought a new tractor.   
On and on. Good luck. Just remember to saw lumber you can't be right in the head.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

paul case

Why in the world would 1 man ever need 2 mills?

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Peter Drouin

Quote from: paul case on October 18, 2017, 10:42:37 PM

PC

Because he's good, run them back to back. :D :D :D :D :D ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

4x4American

I can see many benefits if i was to keep them both but the 40 super is listed for sale in 4 different places.  Have been getting quite a bit of interest in it.  Having the tier 3 mechanical injected diesel on it is a big help.  Wanted to have a bit of overlap in the two mills because unlike retail Peter I can't take all these days off galavanting around going to different fairs and such, been running 7 days/week for quite some time now daylight to dark then work til bedtime doing blades or with a flashlight strapped to my head...anyways the reason for having a little overlap was to help avoid downtime in case the new mill had any major bugs to work out.  Plus, when the thing first showed up we were right in the middle of doing a 12mbf order of cutstock on top of our standing all we can produce stuff and I didnt have time to learn how to run that rocket ship.  It has two joysticks each with 9 buttons on them and it goes fast.  When you press one of the buttons the joysticks change to completely different functions.  Didnt wanna be in a rush learning the new controls and scrambling to fill the order and break stuff.  If I could find the right guy to run the 40 for me I'd hire him and make some lumber but most of them around here are neck down boys
Boy, back in my day..

47sawdust

"neck down boys",ain't that the truth,always checking to see if anybody loves them,pretty DanG sad.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Bruno of NH

4x4
When you get over 49 years old you can take a day off now and then.
When your over 60 you earn the time to go to a fair or two.
I worked 7 days a week all my adult life
Been devoreced once and have a daughter that don't talk with me much because I was never around always working.
I like to work only thing I'm good at :)
But some times you should spend time with family or friends
Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

YellowHammer

4x4's profile shows him at 125 years old.  He moves around pretty good for a old codger.  :D
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

SlowJoeCrow

Good help is hard to find, especially nowadays.  No body wants to get their hands dirty.  Heck, they might get a blister.

paul case

Quote from: paul case on October 18, 2017, 10:42:37 PM

PC

I guess I am the only one who really needs 2 mills. I will just keep the reasoning to myself.

I worked like 4x4 when I was younger. I thought I had time for everything. Wife and kids never missed me as I would drag them with me on a lot of things, like hay hauling and fescue seed cutting and custom baling hay. I am paying for it now as my joints are all wore out. I cant work like that anymore or I pay.

PC
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
pc

Sixacresand

Quote from: SlowJoeCrow on October 19, 2017, 07:59:17 AM
Good help is hard to find, especially nowadays.
I have been blessed with a good "neck up' help recently.  I hope to teach him what little I know about milling so he can run it.  Then he can hire a helper.   :D
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Peter Drouin

I guess I am the only one who really needs 2 mills. I will just keep the reasoning to myself.

I worked like 4x4 when I was younger I am paying for it now as my joints are all wore out. I cant work like that anymore or I pay.

PC

I'm 62 and work like 4x4 6 days a week. Keeps you young.

Had a doc tell me one time, The less you do , the less you can do. ;)
I do pay too from time to time.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

thecfarm

Peter,may not help,but I have 2 tractors. And the worst part neither one makes me money.  ;D
I am on the 2 side.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

Quote from: thecfarm on October 19, 2017, 01:49:54 PM
Peter,may not help,but I have 2 tractors. And the worst part neither one makes me money.  ;D
I am on the 2 side.

Why not?
A&P saw Mill LLC.

thecfarm

One is the wife's, and the one I use,if I was making money with it,than I could not do all the projects that I want to do with it.  ;D Like hauling rocks.  ::)    ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

Darrel

1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

4x4American

The lt40 is on it's way to Indiana to it's new home
Boy, back in my day..

Peter Drouin

Quote from: 4x4American on October 21, 2017, 01:46:57 AM

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Good, Now get the 70 setup like you want.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

thecfarm

One going,one coming.  ;D

Darrel

Quote from: 4x4American on October 21, 2017, 01:46:57 AM

I'm sure you'll miss it. I stopped to fill the truck with diesel and had my LT40 in tow and the guy filling his rig on the other side of the isle says, "Man I wish I had one of those in my family!"  So yes, it's hard to part with a family member.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

paul case

Been there. done that. 2 or 3 times. chin up. dry them eyes and get to making some lumber to take yer mind off it,

PC
pc

Thank You Sponsors!