iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A day cutting wood

Started by Peter Drouin, May 01, 2012, 08:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4x4American

Quote from: paul case on February 26, 2017, 09:44:48 AM
So they are half logs and I wIN  the prize? ??? ?

PC

Nope!! lol  I know you want that piece of sawdust real bad to add to your collection.  Maybe frame it and hang  on the wall.  Who knows it might even be walnut  :o
Boy, back in my day..

nativewolf

I'm guessing they are using them for rustic furniture.  Though, here in Virginia a half round post for fencing is pretty darn common but I think you already did a thumbs down on fencing- besides they are not treated. 

So, some sort of rustic furniture/crafts sort of project.

Fun contest!
Liking Walnut

Peter Drouin

To start a good fire 4x4. ;D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Kbeitz

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Magicman

I have seen the day when I would be building a fort for the grandkids.   :snowball1: :snowfight1:
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

peterpaul

Corduray, as in laid down in a muddy section of a wood road.
Woodmizer LT15, Kubota 4330 GST, Wallenstein FX 85, Timberwolf TW6, homemade firewood conveyor

4x4American

Man it's getting tense, still wrong!! I thought it'd be obvious but I guess not, I'll give a hint, it's not going to be used as footware.
Boy, back in my day..

Kbeitz

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Magicman

I did some ERC similar to that last year, some of which was to be used as battens.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Bridges,a trail walk way?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

4x4American

Nope, I'm thinking I'm just gonna have to spill the beans, eh?
Boy, back in my day..

thecfarm

plowboyswr

Just an ole farm boy takin one day at a time.
Steve

Cazzhrdwd

96 Woodmizer LT40Super  Woodmizer 5 head moulder

4x4American

Quote from: plowboyswr on February 26, 2017, 06:47:45 PM
Rustic cabin trim. ;D

Bingo!   8)

Either a good guess or you found my facebook page lol

Better get on a plane, that piece of sawdust is FOB sawmill lol
Boy, back in my day..

Bandmill Bandit

How is rustic cabin trim different tha D-Log siding?
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

WDH

I still think it is for a pterodactyl bird house.  Hurry and saw and dry it before it goes extinct.   
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

coxy

Quote from: Bandmill Bandit on February 26, 2017, 07:23:48 PM
How is rustic cabin trim different tha D-Log siding?
one is more expensive  ;)

4x4American

He's not using it for d-log siding he's using it for finish carpentry work inside his cabin.  I asked what he's using it for, no soup for you!
Boy, back in my day..

4x4American

Quote from: WDH on February 26, 2017, 07:54:02 PM
I still think it is for a pterodactyl bird house.  Hurry and saw and dry it before it goes extinct.

When he first asked me to do this, that is exactly the first thing I figured he was using it for.  Shocked me too when he said trim.  Didn't see it coming.
Boy, back in my day..

Dave Shepard

Quote from: 4x4American on February 26, 2017, 07:02:49 PM
Rustic cabin trim. ;D

Bingo!   8)

Either a good guess or you found my facebook page lol

Better get on a plane, that piece of sawdust is FOB sawmill lol

I found your FB page earlier, that's why I didn't guess.;)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

4x4American

Tomorrow I'm going a couple hrs north to look at a pallet chop saw at another sawmill.  And I happened to get an order from a repeat customer for delivery thats fairly nearby, so I cut out 5 doug fir timbers for him today to bring tomorrow.  I love having the truck loaded both ways.  Best part is last time I delivered to him I was able to bring
back some burly roller tables from a different sawmill on the VT side.

Boy, back in my day..

WDH

I still think that it is for a pterodactyl.  He must be a paleo-archeologist. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

4x4American

Quote from: Dave Shepard on February 26, 2017, 08:06:38 PM
Quote from: 4x4American on February 26, 2017, 07:02:49 PM
Rustic cabin trim. ;D

Bingo!   8)

Either a good guess or you found my facebook page :D

Better get on a plane, that piece of sawdust is FOB sawmill :D

I found your FB page earlier, that's why I didn't guess. ;)

Did you click on the link below my avatar?  lol
Boy, back in my day..

Thank You Sponsors!