iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

found my sawmill

Started by board, April 30, 2012, 09:54:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

board

a couple of weeks ago i posted that i was looking for a sawmill , a used one if there was one. Well i looked everywhere and could not find one i liked in my price range. so my wife ,2 grandkids and i went to emden missouri saturday and brought home an ez-boardwalk mod 40 . ;D only problem is ,it has not stopped raining sinse i got home ,and i havent finished the roof on my sawmill shed yet :'(.
paul

Chuck White

Paul; Congratulations on your new mill.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

samandothers

Good job!  Congrats on the new tool.  I know you will be looking forward to getting out and playing. Hope the rain lets up soon.

hackberry jake

You've gotten yourself one tough mill. Did you get the 20 or 24 hp?
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

board

24hp, the rain has stoped,going to go play befor it starts again.
paul

missouriboy

Nice.

lets see some pics lol.

paul case

Well congrats there board.
you will enjoy the boardwalk mill. I sure enjoyed mine. I don't think you can wear those out.
Let the learning curve begin!  PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

locdogg

congrats!  i like mine too. 
a manual mill seems to be tough work (i bought mine used a few months ago so i'm pretty new at it too)

it's pretty satisfying though---when those boards start piling up!

board

thanks, everybody. I got it all set up and logs piled next to it ready to go. Goig to saw tomorrow afternoon if its not raining. I will try to get some pic. then.
paul

Magicman

Congratulation on the new family member.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

customsawyer

Congrats on the new mill. Send that rain down here to Ga. that way you can play. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

JohnM

Congrats, board!  I'm getting jealous of all these 'I got my new mill' threads. :( :)  Hoping I get to write one ASAP! ;) 

JM
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

Migal

Congratulation on new mill. Now the  8) starts and ends the day  8)
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

thecfarm

A nice new miil. Have fun. You will enjoy it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!