iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Isnt she cute

Started by lyle niemi, April 28, 2012, 03:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lyle niemi

My new born baby sawdust pile..lol
It has been about a month since I drilled the holes for the new location for the mill. I didnt work everyday on it but pretty dang close. Hopefully in a week or so I will finish up all the little things and make her look purdy. PS Isa gettin tuckered out..lol

snowshoveler

I won't take long and you will be looking for place for that sawdust to go.
Regards Chris
International T5 dozer
JD M tractor
MF skidloader
Jonsered chainmill
Vintage Belsaw

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Ya gotta start somewhere!  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

bandmiller2

That sawdust will build its own chute under the mill,I don't clean that out just where it piles up outside.You will get close to a wheelbarrel full of sawdust for each good sized log from a circular mill.Repaired the 3/4 hp single phase motor on my sawdust drag today got tired of starting it with a strap wrapped around the shaft.Good work Lyle. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

lyle niemi

Ya know, Ihave done a few things in my little life time and I can honestly say that I have never felt this kind of accomplishment as I did today. I had only run the mill for a few hours but on the most part things went super OK. Its to bad Im feeling pretty sick today otherwise it would of been the perfect day. 8)

apm

On a good day, with that mill, you'll get more sawdust than that down your back and in your pockets!  ;D

Greg
Timberking 1600 now

dave9252

Quote from: apm on April 29, 2012, 09:51:13 AM
On a good day, with that mill, you'll get more sawdust than that down your back and in your pockets!  ;D

Greg

You've seen the dark side of the Lyles moon aswell then, realy hope some-one gets him a set of 'suspenders' soon.. otherwise it'll start chaffing.

bandmiller2

Dave,you know what they say stay away from crack. Frank C.

Al_Smith

Quote from: bandmiller2 on April 28, 2012, 09:44:53 PM
Repaired the 3/4 hp single phase motor on my sawdust drag today got tired of starting it with a strap wrapped around the shaft.Good work Lyle. Frank C.
:D That's an old trick from way back when the start switch gets stuck or the capaciter burns out .

steamsawyer

Quote from: Al_Smith on April 30, 2012, 10:22:05 PM
Quote from: bandmiller2 on April 28, 2012, 09:44:53 PM
Repaired the 3/4 hp single phase motor on my sawdust drag today got tired of starting it with a strap wrapped around the shaft.Good work Lyle. Frank C.
:D That's an old trick from way back when the start switch gets stuck or the capaciter burns out .

I have a milling machine that I have been starting that way since 1973. ::) ;D :)

Alan
J. A. Vance circular sawmill, 52" blade, powered by a 70 HP 9 1/2 x 10 James Leffel portable steam engine.

Inside this tired old mans body is just a little boy that wants to go out and play.

Great minds think alike.....  Does your butt itch too?

Alan Rudd
Steam Punk Extraordinaire.

bandmiller2

Alan,something like that you can put up with for a long time especially if you don't use it every day.Had a heavy old motor on my metal lathe with a sticky start switch,kept a plastic hammer handy a little tap and click, reset.Frank C.

Thank You Sponsors!