iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

CAROLINA WOODMIZER OWNERS DAY......IT WAS GREAT!

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, April 27, 2012, 07:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Well I went and as far as owners go, I was the only one that was a Forestry Forum Member, I think other than Joe and Tyler of Carolina Woodmizer and the WM Reps. However, Joe gave the FF a real introduction and recognized me as a member. I actually had a BUNCH of WM owners asking me where they could find the FF. So look out for some new members. There was about 70 some thing owners in attendance.

But any way.....1/2 mile before I arrived, I smelled BBQ! Oh my goodness it was good. Joe had cooked a BIG'UN on the cooker.  fire_smiley He had taken it off and "quarter sawed " it.  :D Joe makes his own vinegar sauce and slaw. We had baked beans, rolls and SUNDROP. Some of you don't know what Sundrop is but it goes good with anything! Geeee.....WHAT A MEAL!!  digin1

Earl Hazelwood from WM showed us his method of quarter sawing and may I say, he knows his stuff. He could take a log clamp and turner and shuffle up a whack of boards and make the Ace of Hearts come out on top every time!  :D

Tim Horsley spoke on blade and head alignment. Now this is where I learned a lot. He also went in depth on blades, lube and answered tons of questions and I mean literally.....there were tons of ????? That's what makes it so great, this is what this day was for, Owners and their concerns. Just an educational day. I loved it!  8)

Then we ate. After that Randy Everett had a whack of chainsaws stuck in a stump. He set a log up on its end and started in to cut this log North, South, East and West. There was chips flying everywhere. You'd thought this Cypress log had slapped his Sister. by the time he got through with that log......well just look at some of his work in the pics.

Tomorrow is OPEN HOUSE to the public. If you get a chance, go. If you've never been to an Woodmizer Open House, go. Even if you own another mill......go! You will be impressed.

Thanks Joe, Tyler, Wendy and the Woodmizer crew for putting on a very organized, educational fun filled day.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!