iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mill we have been rehabing, pics

Started by wheelinguy, April 27, 2012, 08:39:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheelinguy

Some pics of the mill that came with some property my brother bought, been fixing it up in our "spare" time. :D

The trusty old chevy powerplant, still has good snow tires on it

Blade and carriage.

looking down the carriage, notice the "safety" screen

Good old fashion mechanicals

Some of our handywork to straighten things out, jacked that end up about 18-20"

Jacked this end up to, I'm 6'2" and that rafter over my head used to hit me in the temple before we jacked!  I was going for the Burlkraft look in this pic, wrong color hoodie.

Everybody needs one of these at the mill!!

Some of the other handy work we do there, new siding for the new storage building!

lyle niemi

Misfit

Nice job. Looks like you're having fun! How about a video of it running?  8)
I am neither a Philopolemic Blatherskite nor a Bloviating, Sialoquent Blatteroon.

"Say nuthin and saw wood."

r.man

I like the chopped van, used to have access to a trailer for logs made out of one. If you can though go for the really long ones, lots of room. I also know guys that have put dump boxes on them since they handle the weight well. Was the mill the reason for buying the property or just a nice bonus?
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

apm

That's a fun looking outfit. Might be time for a safety screen upgrade? ;D  Sure looks like a lot of lumber's gone over that table.

Greg
Timberking 1600 now

sandhills

That looks like a lot of fun but just a note on your "safety screen", cats can claw their way right through it in no time  ;).

wheelinguy

The mill was a bonus to buying the land, now it has become a fun little hobby even picked up a couple jobs. Sandhills, no worries we got no cats! :D  We just call it the safety screen, its been there for over 30 years and still hanging on, we tell people that its ballistic grade screen!

R. Cornaire

Is it possible that that is a Chase Manufacturing sawmill? some of the parts I'm seeing look identical to mine. Mine is a complete rehab job (not started yet but soon). Right now it sits out there in a pile.Rick C.

Thank You Sponsors!