iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cat's Claw dual setter

Started by red pine, April 24, 2012, 08:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red pine

Just tried the setter for the first time. I set the dials at zero against a straight tooth. When the set teeth come through the measuring dials, one reads approx. 15 the other 30. Obviously something would appear to be incorrect and although the settings appear to be similar when viewing the blade visually, I will try to equalize the amount of the settings :P. My question is really this. I note that the dials when pressure is released retract to differing readings, one 70 the other 55. I assume since the dials are set at zero on the straight tooth (when under pressure), these setback numbers do not matter. Any feedback would be appreciated.   Red Pine

customsawyer

I would suggest you call cooks in the morning. I bet they will talk you through it.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

hamish

The dial indicators should not read at zero when under pressure on the body of the band of strainght tooth, I should read zero on that tooth when the pressure is released.
Norwood ML26, Jonsered 2152, Husqvarna 353, 346,555,372,576

Thank You Sponsors!