iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

3pt receiver hitch

Started by moosehunter, April 24, 2012, 09:50:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moosehunter

I have been wanting one of these for some time now. This past Saturday was a rainout type day so a couple friends and I built this in the afternoon in a nice warm, dry garage.

It waighs about 60 lbs, should be strong enough to move any thing my tractor can pick up!
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Chuck White

Looks like a great idea.

Sure beats putting a ball on the drawbar!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Sprucegum

Nice job, I would box in those ends just so the pin has support all the way around.

blackfoot griz

Moosehunter,
Just curious, what did you rig up for hooking up the top link?
(can't see the backside)
I finally modified a hydraulic cylinder with swivel eyes  for a toplink and should have done it a long time ago as it makes hooking up different implements so much easier. I built a forklift attachment for my front end loader then l modified it so that it can work off the 3 point. Works great...no more cranking!
Thanks

wwsjr

I made one similar with a receiver at bottom and a plate for a 2 5/16" at the top to move gooseneck trailers. Handy to have when a few of my customers drop trailer load of logs. Load lumber back on trailer for pickup.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

moosehunter

Blackfoot - I need to drill two more holes just below that top hole with the brace in it.
I like the idea of boxing the ends but was thinking I may have to change the pins someday.
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

tcsmpsi

Definately, much more sophisticated than mine.   :D

Good job, moosehunter.

\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Dave Shepard

Cut two squares for end caps. Drill them for the pins and weld the nut on the inside, then weld the caps on the tube. Very strong, and the pins are replaceable, which is likely, as the steel is necessarily soft.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

DeerMeadowFarm

Quote from: Dave Shepard on April 24, 2012, 01:02:09 PM
Cut two squares for end caps. Drill them for the pins and weld the nut on the inside, then weld the caps on the tube. Very strong, and the pins are replaceable, which is likely, as the steel is necessarily soft.

Good tip! ;)

shinnlinger

I usually just weld receiver tube to the implements that live the most on my tractor so I can move a trailer around without taking an implement off
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

shinnlinger

Since the tube is a special size I bought a 4 ft long piece of it and just cut 8 inch chunks off as needed and weld them on and drill a hole for the pin
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

submarinesailor

Mike,

Good job.  We made ours similar but with a 1000# of concrete to give the tractor some weight in the back.

BTW - we will be back in Ithaca around the 25th for graduation.  Hope to see you then.

Bruce

okmulch

Looks nice!

I had one made for my tractor with a gooseneck hitch ball on top and a pintle hitch put on the bottom to pull my grinder around with.
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

Thank You Sponsors!