iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Landing

Started by dgdrls, April 23, 2012, 09:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgdrls

Crossed this landing yesterday and had to stop for a photo.
Nice pile with a dandy Rottne forwarder.

DGDrls

Woodchuck53

Nice stack. Being from the south I have to ask what that will be processed into. Pulp or chipped for fuel?
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

WDH

It looks like pulp to the back of the forwarder and sawlogs to the front of the forwarder.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

snowstorm

with sp some mills will take them down to 5"

forest.c

stud wood if will make a 2x4
forest.c

lumberjack48

If he's sorting out saw bolts hes doing a poor job. Theres saw bolts in the pulpwood pile and pulpwood in the saw bolt pile.

Stud wood here used to be call special wood, it had to be 7" and up, Jack, Norway, W Spruce and Balsam.

They'd take pulpwood down to 4", i never had a problem at the mill taking it down to 3"

When i was strip cutting and if it wasn't 4" they wouldn't count it. The thing is i never seen them take-em out of the pile.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

snowstorm

up here stud wood or higrade sp fir a 5" top or whatever gets on the truck. on pulp take it down to 2 or 3"

Maine372

i bet thats studwood that will cross the border twice, once round and once square.

dgdrls

WC53,

I'm not sure where its headed, I hope it get's used for more than chips!

DGDrls

thecol

do u know whos log job this is

dgdrls

thecol,

I do not know,  there were so support vehicles or people around when I stopped,
no branding on the machine either.

DGDrls

Thank You Sponsors!