iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hardwood Sawtimber buyers in GA & AL

Started by wmrussel, April 22, 2012, 09:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wmrussel

:P I'm about to put out a marked sale which contains a lot of high quality hardwood sawtimber.  I'm researching to find some mills/buyers that are farther out than my normal sale listings.  Any suggestions on where I can start my search?  Somewhere that lists mills and buyers?   :P
My name is William, but people call me Pete.  Long story......

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

wmrussel

Landowner needs the money, unfortunately.

beenthere

Well he may end up losing his trees and end up with a pile of logs that wont sell.

Happened recently to a neighbor. Logger said he'd give $10,000 for the walnut off a hillside. Cut the logs and they sit. At one time furing the cutting, the price dropped to $8,000. But now no one is buying the walnut logs. So they sit in the stack.
Not saying that is what will happen, but might give you some fair warning.
Good luck.

Is this in WI?  DNR has a marketing bulletin, and I believe lists of mills/buyers.  One contact is Terry Mace, WDNR.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

MJD

Where is this stack of walnut logs, I have a buddy who buys walnut veneer. I heard sawlog market was down but xeneer still selling.
Quote from: beenthere on April 22, 2012, 11:44:47 PM
Well he may end up losing his trees and end up with a pile of logs that wont sell.

Happened recently to a neighbor. Logger said he'd give $10,000 for the walnut off a hillside. Cut the logs and they sit. At one time furing the cutting, the price dropped to $8,000. But now no one is buying the walnut logs. So they sit in the stack.
Good luck.

Is this in WI?  DNR has a marketing bulletin, and I believe lists of mills/buyers.  One contact is Terry Mace, WDNR.

beenthere

There were no veneer logs off this hillside. It wasn't a "good" walnut site and was being cleared of walnut.
south central Wisconsin

Ed_K

Ed K

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

wmrussel

The sale is Alabama, no WI.  It's bid sale, so I don't worry about what the logger does with the wood, it'll be his.  My main concern is bringing in enough money on the bids. 

Quote from: beenthere on April 22, 2012, 11:44:47 PM

Good luck.

Thank You Sponsors!