iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I couldn't resist stopping and taking this picture.

Started by DR Buck, April 22, 2012, 01:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR Buck

Drove by this place a few times before I finally had to stop and take a picture.    I'm not sure if there is a sawmill down the road or not as it was not the direction I was heading.   ;)

Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

POSTON WIDEHEAD

There's probably more of these roads named SAWMILL than we can ever imagine. There's a bunch of them in the South.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

CHARLIE

There is a Sawmill Lane in New Richmond, Wisconsin but only apartment buildings down there. I imagine that a long time ago there was a sawmill there. 
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Ironwood

I have a couple of road signs here rescued from the scrap yard, Sawmill Road. I will get a picture.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

SAWMILL BUDDY

I milled some oak and hickory for a lady on Sawmill Rd in Bluemont Va.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

We have a FF member "purple otter" that lives on Sawmill Run and he has a nice mailbox. LINK
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bibbyman

There is a Sawmill Rd over in the next count and there is a sawmill down that roads.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

SAWMILL BUDDY

There's lots of bluegrass songs about sawmills and sawmill road. :D

Ironwood

I have a "THING" for old signs, I try to bring them back, from my travels, some are from as far away as Mexico City. THe BIG guage is from "Crosby" company in Boston, could not resist it, name is right in the middle, it is a steam pressure guage. In the last pic, nxt to the Rustic plate, the aluminum plaque is a find that was bolted to a BIG poplar in our yard that took a direct lightening stike that blew the sign into pieces and threw them up to 50' toward our house, I glued it back together and says

"A Friend of Man the Tree Speaks.
Ye who would pass by and raise your hand against me, harken lest you harm me. I am the friendly shade screening you from the summer sun as you journey on. I am the beam that holds your house, the board of your table, the bed on which you lie, and the timber that builds your boat. I am the handle of your hoe, the door of your homestead. the wood of you cradle and the shell of your coffin. I am the gift of God and friend of man. Listen to my prayer, Harm Me Not."

There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Magicman

Neat signs and also a neat way/place to hang them.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ironwood

I could cover a BIG building if I had one  ::)

Thanks Ironwood

Jim_Rogers

We have a sawmill road in my town, but my sawmill is not on it.

One time, many years ago, I was sent to pick up some logs for a guy with my log truck.
The house was on timber lane.
We forgot the map book and we were lost, driving around in a log truck stopping people on the street asking them if they knew the way to timber lane.

We must have looked like a couple of weird loggers for sure.

We did find the house and got the logs but it was pretty funny to us that we were asking people to show us the way to timber lane...... :D

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Ironwood

Thanks, I have pile and piles, not enough buildings t ::)o hang them on. They are aging to perfection.

Ironwood

tyb525

I'd love to have the PRR sign in the first picture. I'm a railroad buff myself.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Woodey

We have a SAWMILL RD. about 3 miles up the road.
I was told years ago they had a mill down the road and
that is how it got the name.

WOODMIZER LT40HDD34CAT w/accuset
JLG SKYTRAK 6036 Telescopic Forklift
NYLE L200 KILN
BAKER M412 MOULDER

WildDog

If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

Thank You Sponsors!